Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Device Detection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just checking - is there a way in tier 2 (or tier 1) to detect what device you're running on, and ideally settings like screen res?) While I don't want a lot of switch statements, it might be nice to custom tailor some code - especially for a device that doesn't support another device's features...
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2011 01:13
*Sigh* From the AppGameKit help file......
Quote: "GetDeviceName
Description

Returns a string containing the name of the current platform. E.g. "windows", "ios", "bada", etc. The string will always be lowercase.
Definition

string GetDeviceName( ) "

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I think he wants specific device like iPhone 3G, iPhone4 so he can setup retina display. I believe Lee was looking into this.
I would almost like to code one program and have Pre-processor statements so we can setup these parameters.
DaveP
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, exactly - the string tells me the device, but I was hoping for finer-grained information. Ideally, a major/minor style number (device id# model id# instead of no strings) would be faster for me and less memory intensive. Best of all would be #define values so the compiler actually leaves out the code for the alternate devices.

However, since you mentioned Lee is looking into it, I guess I have my answer - thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:27:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:27:16