Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / "Dark Clouds, Set Object Transparency, Lock Object On" Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2011 11:59
When I init dark clouds, then create a plane object with transparency set to anything from 1 to 6, then lock that object onto the screen, all the clouds become black.

I have also changed the order of execution, first with dc before the lock object on command, then with dc after the lock object on command. Neither arrangement solved the problem.
MjG0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2011 01:44
I can't find a software, hardware, or programmatic solution to this problem, but 'Lock Object On' can be abandoned for a computationally inexpensive programmatic alternative, about 3-4 lines of additional code. Nothing to worry about.
MjG0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 20:29
Daniel Foreman has suggested a high quality programmatic alternative to using 'Lock Object On' with Dark Clouds. Maybe if your like me you've become exclusively interested in the 3D capabilities of DBP and perhaps completely forgotten about sprites...(!) the most convenient and logical alternative. Daniel Foreman has also pointed out that because the sprite alternative is an absolute pixel solution, multiple versions of the sprite your using must be created to support the portability and/or different resolutions your project may implement. Transparency and Ghosting can be foregone if your using a .png, .dds, or any file format that has an alpha channel to texture your object.

Thank you Daniel Foreman.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:02:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:02:03