Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Can anyone who register the apple develop account tell me , how long will it take?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2011 08:07
Now I wanna register a apple develop account ,Is it difficult? and how long will it take?

give my best
Agentleo
Years of Service
User Offline
takes about 4,6 hours.While waiting read up on the provisioning ,and certifcate.

Just a noob trying to grind in this game called life.
Psycho Psam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2011 09:39
Converting to a registered developer takes seconds and $99 USD. Getting ready to recieve money takes longer because you need to sort out your tax. All the pages and links are on your account.

First of all sort out your US tax info with them. This will take about 8 weeks. You need to get an ITIN and this is done with an W-8BEN form. Anyway here's the Australian process, other countries may vary in some respects.
NOTE: When it say notary public get this sorted. It's not a justice of the peace. A notary public is someone who is officially registered as one with a stamp to prove it. Getting a justice of the peace to sign your documents will add a further delay.

Perth...
http://www.notarylocator.com.au/WA/Perth

Metro area...
http://www.notarylocator.com.au/WA/Perth-Metropolitan

W7 stuff....
http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/3836038
The actual form...
(You need an ITIN / EIN for the W-8BEN as well - SEE BELOW)
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw7.pdf

Stuff about ITIN...
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96287,00.html

And there's some particular things to fill out on your W7 and W-8BEN...
1) You need a W-7 which is an Australian application for an IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) and a Certificate Of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding (Form W-8BEN). In order to complete the W-8BEN you will for need to complete the W-7 first along with the required documents.

In the "Reason You are Submitting Form W-7" you would tick a) [ ] Nonresident alien required to obtain ITIN to claim tax treaty benefit, and also h [ ] Other (see instructions) > EXEMPTION, and the treaty country is Australia, treaty article 12. Make sure you use a notary on your docs (don't miss any out) and dot every i and cross every t, because it can take up to 6 weeks to get the W-7 processed and then further delays. Then you get the ITIN from the IRS as a result and you can then fill out the W-8BEN - if you think this is unnecessarily complicated - you're right. However the staff at IRS are very helpful, but curt (they don't suffer fools).

2) When you finally get the W-8BEN, in Part II section 10, include the information after "Explain the reason the beneficiary owner meets the terms of the treaty article" - . In that same section you are claiming the provisions of Article 12, claiming 0% rate of withholding on (specify type of income) Resident of Australia earning royalties on a product for sale by (...OVI??? Google???), a US Company. Also, down the bottom is a section where you sign, and asks, "Capacity in Which Acting" and you put "Beneficiary Owner" - though it is possible I answered these in the W-7 because my answers were typed into that document.

No once you have an ITIN, for any new royalties received from any other US Companies (ie Apple) you only ever need to fill out a W-8BEN.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Signing up for a dev account takes as long as you need to put that up in the cart and enter your payment details.

The activation of your account can take hours. Mine took a day in 2009.
Same goes when you renew after a year.

The next steps you can do later when you reach that part. If you want to sell payed apps, then you need your bank details, including IBAN an BIC. For the tax partner, that depends highly on where you life. I am from germany and had to fill out 1 or 2 forms. I didn't need an american tax number, because Germany and the US have an agreement.

So I just needed to state that I will pay taxes here and that they don't need to do it in the US.

If you just want to create fre apps with maybe ads inside (not IAD) then it is only a few clicks you have to do.

Everything else regarding certificates and provision profiles is explained on the apple site in detail and if you follow this tutorials and videos, then thing swill just go right.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
For European developers, setting up your contract for paid apps is very easy and straight forward.

step 1: fill in your contact emails

step 2: fill in your bank details & account number. it will take 24 hours for apple to verify.

step 3: fill a US tax form exemption, that you reside outside the US. It's just a couple of tick boxes
halley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2011 05:24
ok,thanks so much!

give my best

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:46:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:46:55