Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Grand Prix Team Manager - WIP Video

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2011 23:09 Edited at: 20th Sep 2011 10:14
Pre-Alpha release now available for download here (144MB)
[/img]http://www.mediafire.com/?6gbraasvey1r566

See latest Video here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLTmPxyi4Xo

Utilised the D3D_ plugin to really provide performance boost so still learning and improving thanks to this community.

Latest Screen shot

[img]http://www.grandprixteammanager.com/wpimages/wp8dec3e9e_06.png

DemonHill
Years of Service
User Offline
Download of Pre-alpha version available to download

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2011 13:43 Edited at: 20th Sep 2011 13:46
I think the Pre-Alpha video showed off your game better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11lEG8y_hI&feature=related

And Here is the image you referenced above

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to 600 x 120.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 15:37
Are you looking to sell this?

You may be suprised on the amount of interest something like this might generate with enthusiasts if you find the right channels.

Although I don't know what other simulaters are out there, you probably do though

DemonHill
Years of Service
User Offline
I am looking to for a minimal fee. It's a project that I have worked on and off for four years. I have learnt so much and improved my coding, and want to finish what I started.

I release versions every so often, to get feedback and to keep interest in it.

Thanks

Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2011 02:48
Hey there.

I don't mean to be the rain on the parade, but if you release this and charge anything for it you could be in some SERIOUS hot water for using a very large number of copyrights and likenesses without permission (assuming you haven't got such). Just mentioning as it may be worth sending a message to the real (whoever runs the grand prix scene) from an annonomous email and test the water about how they'd feel.

Would hate to see you get stung as not enough games reach completion through DB. :-(
DemonHill
Years of Service
User Offline
I plan to release with imaginary names and logo etc. The game can be moded easily so if folks want to pit real names in etc. they can. Well spotted though

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 19:04
Even using real tracks might get you in trouble. I would consider having a 'track editor' so people can add their own 'real' tracks if they wish and put LOTS of disclaimers on how people decide to use the game.

That said it looks really impressive! If you decide to sell look up the "AppUp Developer Group" sticky thread in the DBPro board, we'll help get you publishing your own games on AppUp if you need any assistance or even publish it for you

Excellent work!

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2011 20:53
The interface shows that a lot of work went into this. I'm sure it would draw alot of interest from F1 enthusiasts. I tend to find most sports management games fun and addictive in general.

I believe Codemasters own the license for F1 Sports games.

Sp33dFr34k
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like a good concept, but I downloaded the alpha and get "Runtime error 502 - Image does not exist at line 253". I'm on WinXP, and have installed the directX which came with the installer...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:10:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:10:32