Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

Does anybody else get a BEX error when trying to compile and run a project in AppGameKit (on win7), which then crashes the software.
I'm beginning to suspect it's just my computer - but I can't find any help on the web to nail the prob.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2011 03:29
Does this error occure on all projects you want to compile? Even on the demos or just your own projects? BEX is a buffer overflow error. I'm also using Win7 but don't have a problem with that ... only thing that occures with larger projects is this: http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/detail?id=2

Maybe you can describe what you do so maybe the error could be reproduced. A screenshot could also be helpful.

LittleSteve
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using the trial version, and no program has managed to compile yet.
Neither the demo code or any attempts I've had.

Steve

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2011 22:39
LittleSteve - I don't know that this is the problem, but your path in the compile log looks non-standard. It should be more like...

C:\Users\Steve\Documents\AGK\random\random.exe

and not

C:\Users\Steve\Documents\AGK Progs\random\random.exe

I think I saw somewhere that having that space between AppGameKit and Progs in the pathname could be trouble. Or maybe just putting in the standard path would fix the trouble. *shrug*

LittleSteve
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the ideas, gave it a try and still wont work.
Funny thing is this is the only software that does this on my computer. Other suggestion from google suggest changing the DEP status - but AGP wont allow that.
Bit of a sticky problem really.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 21:54:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 21:54:52