Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Zbrush as opposed to what?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I'm new to the site and was wondering if any of you have used the Zbrush application. I have the trial, which allows you to activate it with an email. I have asked for the key through said email, but I haven't received a reply. Is there anything I can do about this?
Also, I'm VERY new to the 3d modeling scene. Are there any tutorials for creating (low-poly) objects from scratch?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kakugo! Sekai o ZAN!!!
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2011 21:18
Quote: " I have the trial, which allows you to activate it with an email. I have asked for the key through said email, but I haven't received a reply. Is there anything I can do about this?"

nnot at all sure what you mean?
Quote: "
Also, I'm VERY new to the 3d modeling scene. Are there any tutorials for creating (low-poly) objects from scratch?"

in Zbrush? Iam sure there are, but i would suggest using Blender, Wings3d, 3ds max etc for that.

and for the record, I am a man.

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
Zbrush costs money
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 00:22
If you wanna sculpt, then get Sculptris, it's Zbrush's free little brother, also, it's made by the same people. For Low poly Modeling, get Blender 3D, Wings 3D, Anim8or, ect..
Sculptris is very high poly modeling, it's for a lot of very very detailed objects, and by your description, that's not what you want, same thing for Zbrush.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 03:12
Quote: " also, it's made by the same people."

Not at all. Zbrush BOUGHT Sculptris. Sculptris is made in sweden by one man who actually tried to get sculptris into blender, but was refused, later on (pretty newly, middle of last year or so?) Zbrush bought it, so now he is working with Zbrush, pretty much..

and for the record, I am a man.

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
quik is correct, pixologic bought sculptris. I would reccommend getting the student version of 3ds max, its free for personal use and I personally think 3ds max and maya are much better than blender and anim8or as it has a simple ui and alot of powerfull tools.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2011 13:57
The trial is only a demo version of the final product, from what i remember it doesnt require activation? It should just be a limited version of the full product, I'm not sure though, its been so long since i used the trial.

if you have you purchasde zbrush, I'm not too sure as your post isnt all that clear to me, you should have been provided with a product key when they emailed you the download link, if not, contact the company that handles pixologics orders (cant remember their name) they are useless, it took them easilly four months to send me my disc version of zbrush. just contact pixologic and they should put you in touch with that company.

How activation in zbrush works is you enter your product key (web activation is the best option, its all automated) then you should recieve an activation code, not by email, but it should be displayed on the webpage, you copy and paste that code into a dialog box that gets displayed in zbrush once you choose an activation method.

all of that applies to you if you've purchased the product, if not then either purchase it or if you want a free alternative go with what the others here have listed, sculptris is a good alternative, however if you are a student that you can also download mudbox for free using the same student method mentioned by mike5454,
Hope something in that essay of text helped

Greenster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2011 09:48
zbrush has accurate poly reduction and high level tools out of the box. You only have to change topology for animation. The texturing and sculpting speak for themselves..

Good luck finding a animation tool that doesn't look like it was made in the early 90s..

Also if you want to spend years producing medial content, I highly suggest the highly redundant 3dmax or blender. You'll use at least 4x the clicks doing small tasks.
sprite
Years of Service
User Offline
Pixologic have just released a new version of zbrush so it may take a few days to get to you.

However for the trial version if you press cancel it goes to trial but this was for version 3 so it maybe out of date.

I'll add something later on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:44:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:44:04