Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Static Raycast returns 0, documentation unclear.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I've done some tests with the command "Static Raycast" to receive the height of a object. Unfortunately the command Returns "0" everytime I execute it.

According to the help:

Quote: "If there is no intersection, this value is zero. If there was an intersection, this value is the distance to the closest intersection point. This is an extremely useful command, and returns a lot of information, which is stored in the DarkBASIC Professional checklist. It allows for many actions, such as easy placement of decals, and vectors for bouncing objects off walls. You will note that a new command, checklist fvalue() has been introduced to return floats. The data returned is as follows:

Check "

It should return the distance between Point A and Point B. Also I couldn't find a checklist "checklist fvalue a()" after execug the command neither something like a "perform checklist fvalue" which could make the additional(?) results available.

Anyone got this running?

I have a large object (converted to static object) in my word (ground object) and need to receive the height on a specific position to place other objects.

Thanks for any hints.
DoerrSt
Years of Service
User Offline
I am sorry, this belongs to the DarkBASIC Professional forum. Can I move it or do I Need to create a new one in DBP sub-forum?
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
A mod has to move it.

Even though you might get a few negative comments about posting a duplicate thread on the DBPro board, I would suggest you do it because it might be a while before a mod checks out what's happening on the DBC board.

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:05:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:05:31