Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Issues with SetOrientationAllowed()

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 21:35
So, according to the help, \"On platforms that can\'t rotate, like Windows or Mac, this command has no effect and the app will always be drawn right way up.\"

Depends what \"right way up\" means. Portrait isn\'t much good if I want to design a landscape game, and can only run it on an iPhone.

Also, the help system could do with a some \"see also\" links for related commands.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 21:45 Edited at: 26th Sep 2011 21:45
If you are only designing for iPhone, then SetOrientationAllowed() will have an effect, and it has 4 parameters, one for each direction.

If you want a landscape game on windows, make your device width greater than your device height, etc.

Other than that, I'm not sure I get your point.

Quote: "Also, the help system could do with a some \"see also\" links for related commands."

Totally! Since the F1 key opens a new window every time you hit it, I end up with lots of browser windows open, and the BACK button works on NONE of them. A link to a commands sub-section would really help here. nzo, you should add this to the feature request list on the bug board!

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 21:51
What I meant was, say I was developing a landscape mode iphone game, but wanted to see it in landscape on the PC while I was writing it.

Not having an iphone player app yet doesn't give me any confidence that setting a "wider than higher" res will work as a landscape game on an iphone.

I'll add that point to the feature req list - not sure why it's not on this board...

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 22:12
Well, I actually HAD brought up needing links on the help pages, on the old bug thread I think, but I never got around to adding it to the new bug board.

Quote: "Not having an iphone player app yet doesn't give me any confidence that setting a "wider than higher" res will work as a landscape game on an iphone."

Oh, yes, I see what you mean. I have a Mac, so I was able to get the player running on my iPad and iPod Touch, just so I could test what they look like. If you set your device size in the setup.agk file to the same size as your iPhone screen, then set your virtual resolution to the same size, that will give you a close preview of what the iPhone will look like. But, yeah, having the iOS player released on iTunes would help a bunch!

Zubby1970
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK Studio Always
Posted: 26th Sep 2011 22:27
the best way to use command that are os dependent is to check at the begining of your ap what os your runnung on, then do an if statement that runs that code if its on the os that requires it.

ive done this for my kickstar remake if your on pc then you use the keyboard and all buttons that would show up on the i phone dont show up on the pc. then when i test on my i phone the buttons show on the screen and i use them to navigate.

simples.

There can only be one

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:53:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:53:37