Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compile iOS player with XCode Base SDK 4.3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 12:37
Hi @ all,

today I tried to compile the AppGameKit iOS player with XCode 4.0.2 and iOS Base SDK 4.3.

The provisioning stuff and so on was no problem. That works. But when I try to compile the player I get an error:
Set the target to my iPad and cleaned the project.

Quote: "
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1
"

Before that, there're lines that says:

Quote: "
arm-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: /users/myname/Documents/AGK/apps/interpreter_ios_foo/../interpreter/scrapper/cSprite.mm: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: warning: '-x objective-c++' after last input file has no effect
arm-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1: no input files
"

Has anybody got an error like that too and has an idea what I'm doing wrong here?

MobileCreator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 16:34
I was doing the same yesterday, I was able to compile it. Not sure if what I did is the right thing since I don't have experience with XCode, but here we go.

First, I use the codebase from the latest AppGameKit update, which I believe you're also doing.

I notice errors when trying to use cSprite.mm and also (Box2d-something, don't have it here right now). I just remove both from my project tree. They were in scrapper folder, but it seems they weren't necessary or they are been referenced somewhere else.

After fixing this error, the compiler was trying to link with libAGKiOS.a from Debug-iphoneos folder instead of the Debug where it is actually placed. For that, due to my dumbness, I actually renamed the folder accordingly.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Paulo

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 16:58
Hi Paulo,

thank you very much! It works. I deleted the referenced files you mentioned and also found the "wrong" paths and corrected them. Now it works. Thanks a lot!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 03:51
Thanks for the heads-up. I have emailed Paul to check this one out.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:25:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:25:26