Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Amazon marketplace for Android apps - interesting read

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 16:54
Interesting article about the developer experience with Amazon Android App Store.

https://shiftyjelly.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/amazon-app-store-rotten-to-the-core/

I think the "free app" thing is not the more troublesome information there, but the actual Amazon policy, and more than all, "it is almost impossible to make money selling apps for Android"

Cheers

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
Neuro
Years of Service
User Offline
Good article. I never did believe that the Android market would be all that great due to their policies, not to mention Amazon on top of it. But this article helps reaffirms it even more.
Spacebuddy
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an app published on the app store and the same app published on the amazon app store.

Amazon app store is pathetic compared to the apple app store for sales.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2011 22:29
amazon app store is well known to be bad for devs.

There so called good deals for users that robbs the devs off there apps, as amazon gives away there apps sometimes for free as special deals.
You loose your provision but not amaozon.

There is only one market on android and that is goggles.

And if you as an small dev want to earn money ? make small apps that gives you money by using ingame adds on free apps.

There is more free apps on android of good quality then there is on ios and other os.

So people are more picky on wath they buy.

Its veary easy to see why its hard to sell apps on android if you go to android market and check the quality of many off the free apps.

The big point is that amazon market sucks and have always sucked
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2011 04:54
The fire may change all this, keep you eyes peeled!
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not worried about this. If the Kindle Fire sells well, expect sales to pick up. Amazon is going to need to change their policies to remain competitive.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 04:46
The benefit with AppGameKit is that adding your app to another store like Amazon is an easy decision. You'll already be making money from other other X stores, so another store is simply a bonus if it does well. The monetisation strategy for AppGameKit developers is to hit all the stores at the same time with a single app. It's like having fifty throws at the dart board, eventually you will hit the bull!

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:48:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:48:04