Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Test Game Strange World

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2011 11:52
Hello I am very new to all of this, I have tinkered with the some things before, but am definitely a novice, and will be frequenting these boards more and more often.

I downloaded the FPS Creator Bonanza, I've had a few issues, but the main of which is when I "Test Game" I am taken to a strange world, where the ground is rocks, and there are tons of clouds everywhere, I can't move, and there doesn't seem to be anything, and I'm being hurt, the outer edge of the screen turns red, then all my health comes back, then it turns red and my health goes to 0 repeating, and it just stays like this until I press escape.

I've added a player start marker, the rooms are relatively simple, I've even gone to just two rooms, not entities, I start in one room and the "Win Zone" is in the other, but I'm always taken to this world where I can't move.

Any suggestions?
Thank you for your time

http://facebook.com/PopesPage
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2011 09:19
Hey TheJamesPope, you posted this in the wrong "Bug Reports" board. This is bug reports for the Dbpro boards, you would want to post this in the FPSC bug report board.

I am an FPSC user(i hit the wrong Bug Report section which is kinda good for you since it brought me here).

First, the "world" ur talking about is simply the skybox, and u keep falling to the bottom which takes health away, then u respawn, and it keeps happening. Now I'm not sure whats causing this problem (I have never run into it), but if are not using the latest version of the software try updating.(the latest update is V1.18)

If this doesnt fix it,could u post what lightmapping setting u are using, and if you have shaders turned on or off.( in the editor, go to file>preferences to check) And also post ur system specs. I'm sure a more experienced user will come along and help.
Welcome to the forums, hope to see ya around more.

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
TheJamesPope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 02:56
Dear Shakleford,

Thank you kindly for the info, regarding the forums, and the software.

I took a look at the preferences you mentioned and tinkered around with them, but had no luck. I'm going to go ahead and repost this in the correct section.

Thank you for your help.
James

http://facebook.com/PopesPage

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:32:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:32:20