Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tizen vs Meego

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking around the forums to see if this was already addressed and couldn\'t find anything, but if Meego morphs into or is completely replaced by Tizen, will AppGameKit support that? I know Tizen is still new and not completely implemented, so this is a rather premature question, I was just wondering if anyone in the Game Creators had thought about this or addressed it.

OH GOD, it itches!!!! IT ITCHES SOOO BAD!!!!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2011 05:39
We have completed the MeeGo platform, so you can use that right now. It won't be 'replaced' with Tizen, and will exist alongside it. If the open source community for MeeGo OS decide to stop adding new versions, then we'll complete the platform with the latest stable version. Tizen is pretty new and there is no SDK we can check out at the moment. We are expecting something close to V1 in Feb 2012, so there is time yet. We are planning to work on HTML5 before then however, so the addition of the Tizen platform is something we should be too troubled by. As usual we will prioritise platforms based on how easy it is to add to our existing line-up, and the potential new users it will add to the AppGameKit ecosystem.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would say HTML5 will make AppGameKit very worthit for new potential users. Meego/Tizen have limited markets.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:16:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:16:20