Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Runtime Error 506 from accidental texture change of entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 02:23
I am using the FPS Creator 30 Day Demo and accidentally changed a computer terminal entity's texture from TerminalD's texture "texturebank\scifi\scenery\furniture\terminald\terminal_D_d2.tga" to TerminalA's texture "entitybank\scifi\furniturea\_terminalA.fpe" I didn't realize the mistake until trying to test the game. I get the "Runtime Error 506 - Could not load image at 11430" I cannot test with the error, rendering everything useless until the problem is fixed. Every time I try to right or left click on the affected terminal, the program locks up and closes. I tried mousing over the terminal without clicking and pressed Delete while the terminal was highlighted-same outcome. How can I fix or delete this entity? I have a few days of work in this level and really don't want to start over.
Thank you
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 11:16
Did you 'delete' the '.BIN and .DBO' files for this object after you made the texture changes?
If 'not', you should have.
NOTE - This 'has' to be done if textures or any address changes are made to any object/model before you can test the new changes in the FPSC Editor.

Are both of the terminal models the same, if not I don't think you can apply a different 'mapped' texture file to a different model 'sometimes'.

If problem persists just try changing the texture back to its original one.

Good luck with this.
McAllister
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 00:13
Thanks Ross!
Worked like a charm. All I needed to do was delete the files for Terminal A.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:10:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:10:41