Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Is it worth it to download Anim8or now?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The reason I ask this question is I used to use it when Steven Glanville was working on it, but I think production has since halted for a few years.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 11:44 Edited at: 11th Oct 2011 11:49
Now that you use Blender, you probably don't need it.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 13:47
Animation in Blender is pretty good. There are some YouTube videos which demonstrate it. It is best to view them; there are a lot of time saving shortcuts demonstrated, such as creating mirrored bone names and creating automatic keyframes.

You have to create an armature; then extrude the bones (CTRL Left Click / or E key) into your characters shape. (Only one side, perhaps the left arm, legs and shoulders). The other side can derive from a mirrored duplication.

The bones have to be named to matching vertex groups if exporting in .X format.

If you have mirrored you model using the mirror modifier; save a new version file version (for backup) and apply it; you will need to pose the mirrored side seperately. If you are exporting for DBPRO then check out my export guide.

Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the tips guys!

Yeah, I am sticking with Blender for modelling, I just didn't know if anim8or was easier or not regarding animation.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 01:12
It appears as though Anim8or has gone under...which is a shame, because it was a GREAT program up until the major switch to 64-bit computing. :\

I'd have thought Steve would have had it fixed by now.

^ Click for my Deviant page!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe Anim8or will go open source? But it's not completely down, the site, and downloads are still there, and somebody has taken over the site.

Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, Steve posted an update about a instructional video but that was it.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 12:14
I use anim8or and it works but sadly it has some bugs...

Quote: "Maybe Anim8or will go open source?"

I realy hope that would happen, like I said it's a great program but it has some bugs

Srry about my english im from sweeden

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:01:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:01:34