Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Simple pathfind - Staggered isometric

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 01:19
Hi folks, I wanted to see if I could use the same function for staggered isometric maps, which shouldn't be much different fom the other one I posted with the exception of the offsets of the neighbour cells, in the end I only had to change that, the heuristic formula and the corner checking for the mode "diagonals without cutting corners".

You might notice that some of the borders between tiles will not be recognized as part of any tile (coordinates -2,-2 for this specific case) this is due to a little battle I'm having with AppGameKit when it comes to polygon shapes and the way I chose to identify tile coordinates, however this does not affect in anyway the results of the path finding function so you can use any method you see fit to render the maps.

Hope someone will find it useful at one point or another, there's no such thing as too many isometric games

Cheers

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 00:27
Awesome stuff

Please put it in the agk codebase

Could you please add screenies to your pathfinding entrys in the codebase?

Will help other people to understand it better and download it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:36:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:36:56