Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / v c++ 08

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is there a way to set 08 were u can see when u hightlight over

{
}
that it ses what it starts and what it ends
this is what i hate about c++
it should have

begin keydown
code
end keydown

u cant tell what goes to what its like morons created
c++

envy
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 06:42 Edited at: 14th Oct 2011 06:50
Quote: "u cant tell what goes to what its like morons created
c++"

No, very smart people developed C++. It has {} because it is very fast and efficient to compile and process. C++ was built for speed and OOP, not for simplicity. I have no problem knowing when something ends, if learn the language better you will start to understand better.

Quote: "this is what i hate about c++"

If you want that kind of simplicity as:

begin keydown
code
End keydown

Then try DarkBASIC, C++ is not for you.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 19:13
Well.. As much as Venom seems to be down about everything...

C++ does not have fast compile anything, its terrible...It's slower than DiBol and Cobol compilers I've used.

FreePascal and Delphi both have WAAAAYYY faster compile time and used begin and end... Additionally, on intel/amd - FreePascal uses the Stack the way the electronics in the chip Are designed for, C++ and C do them in reverse making it slightly slower during run time.

Fortunately - when it's done compiling - the final EXE's speed are in the group of "compiled code thoroughbreds" - Which is a plus.

As for just hating curly braces - pull up your boot straps and just get used to it like everyone else Venom - C++ isn't Stupid. .Net? That's another philosophical conversation altogether. JIT (Just in time Compiling) Urks me.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 19:47 Edited at: 10th Nov 2011 19:49
You should try switching from MSVC 2008 to MSVC 2010 and then complain about compile times. 2008 is so much faster than 2010. And if you're only working on one text file at a time then the compile times are so much faster. And I've used Code::Blocks and DevC++.

I've seen some of the coding techniques some people are using and I'm not surprised at compile speeds. For each cpp file I create, I create a header for it, or sometimes, one header for multiple cpp files.

Also making my point about the braces, "{}", from my days of being an assembler programmer, using C/C++ and putting local variables inside the braces "{}" can be extremely useful for gaining extra speed from loops.

Yes, C++ is so much different and can be quite complex. Hey I don't even understand a lot of it still, but I won't drop it as it's as low level programming as you can get before you have to switch to assembler.

Oops... Just making my points...

NB: As a final note I sometimes do my braces like this:

This so I know which brace belongs where...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 19:56
I agree whole heartedly ...

I do that too religiously!

for the same reasons - sometimes losing a brace ( or "end" ) can ruin your day lol....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 21:35:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 21:35:10