Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier1 Publishing, Placement Editor, AdMob Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to say that I'm really enjoying developing my app with AppGameKit, everything seems very well thought out, and just works. Development is smooth and fast.

Now after going over the guides on tier 1 publishing in the help files, I see that I have been confused.

Maybe I'm just slow, but until now, after reading the "Basic" page on the AppGameKit website, I was under the impression that we wouldn't be able to publish our app until the player app was available on the respective store.

The way the page reads, to me at least, seems to imply that your application won't run unless the user also has the player on their machine. But after going over the Tier 1 publishing guides, I now see that is not the case. We can infact publish anywhere we want already, and that the player app is just for our testing purposes.

So incase anyone else was confused as I was, and unless I'm wrong again : ) - Now we know.

On another note, I know there is a placement editor in the works, and I was wondering if there is an ETA on it's release. That would come in handy about now on my current project.

I also recall reading in the sticky AdMob post, that an ad component for Tier 1 is in the works, and am curious how far along that is?
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Look at your account, the Tier one project with Admob is right there, for weeks!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes the Player is just for your own testing.

You can publish your games NOW, by yourself on the apple app store, but you need a Mac & some little xcode knowledge.

Alternatively you can contact TGC and if your game is good enough they will do all the dirty work for you.
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2011 19:10 Edited at: 15th Oct 2011 19:15
EDIT: When I read that thread, I thought it was for tier 2...

So that's excellent...

Only thing left on my list then is the placement editor
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 13:11
Quote: "Look at your account, the Tier one project with Admob is right there, for weeks!"

The Admob project seems to only be for Tier 2...

Quote: "This is the Google AdMob Ad SDK for iOS.

Requirements:
- A Google AdSense or AdMob publisher ID.
- Xcode 3.2 or later; iOS SDK 4.2 or later.
- Runtime of iOS 3.0 or later."

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Its not for Tier2. To self-publish Tier1 games you need to compile inside Xcode.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 02:29
I have already added the placement editor to my internal 105 build. As soon as I have enough bits tested, I plan to release this in a few weeks, maybe sooner. There is quite a lot to test with each build, and I am sure you want it as solid as we can make it before we assault you with it My gut feel is that we will withhold the Android libraries while we continue to device test, as there are a few devices for Android floating about

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
We want Android before XMAS!!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:26:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:26:02