Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [LOCKED] collision problem 2d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi im having a problem with my collision when my sprite guy is falling when the game starts cous of my gravity but he stops right before he hits the ground instead of the exact instance he hits the ground so its colliding early any help?

envy
lllll venom lllll
Years of Service
User Offline
HMM SO FUNNY HOW NO ONE KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM ANY THING IN DARK GDK WHAT A BUNCH OF NOOBS THIS CRAP IS GARBAGE SO WACK U HAVE TO SIZE WINDOW AND IMAGES THIS SHOULD ALREADY BE PRE DEFINED WITHIN THE GAME ENGINE AS A BASE PROGRAMER DARK GDK IS A HORRIBLE PROGRAM U CAN EVEN DEFINE Y POSISTION AND X POSISTION
THE PROPER WAY TO "CODE" WAS PUT ASSIDE IN THE MIND OF DARK GDKS PROGRAMERS

THIS CODE SHOULD WORK NO PROBLEM AND IS THE PROPER WAY TO DEFINE COLLISION BUT IT DONT WORK COUS DARK GDK WAS POURLY WRITEN BY NOOB PROGRAMERS

envy
DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 06:46
What you are doing is similar to what I did for a while when I was working on a 2D game. You expect Sprites to collide only when they overlap, however, for some strange reason, they are considered to be colliding when the pixels of the images are bordering one another.

Despite this, it is still quite possible to create good looking collisions. What I typically do is use two Sprites for a character, one for collision and one for display. The collision Sprite is one pixel smaller than the display sprite on each side(two in each dimension(x,y)). (click the signature below to go to a project that demonstrates this.)

Or to check for collisions you could move the sprite away from the direction of the sprite you would be colliding with check and then move it back. However this could lead to some weird stuff if the sprite is too close to another sprite on the other side of it.

lllll venom lllll
Years of Service
User Offline
no thats not what i need thats bull crap u should just be able to say somthing like if image

and u shouldnt even have to do that becous what u set to be hidden by color in ur image shouldnt have any relavance on the collision

envy
lllll venom lllll
Years of Service
User Offline
omg i figured it out how to just set when u want a collision to happen sense darkGDK'S collision and sprites arent properly programed into the engine its self properly and u have to write ur own collisions. for any one needing help i figured it out

by the way im a making a fighting game when im finished i plan to release the source as a darkGDK 2D game kit

envy
Stephen Young
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 16:04
Quote: "HMM SO FUNNY HOW NO ONE KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM ANY THING IN DARK GDK WHAT A BUNCH OF NOOBS THIS CRAP IS GARBAGE SO WACK U HAVE TO SIZE WINDOW AND IMAGES THIS SHOULD ALREADY BE PRE DEFINED WITHIN THE GAME ENGINE AS A BASE PROGRAMER DARK GDK IS A HORRIBLE PROGRAM U CAN EVEN DEFINE Y POSISTION AND X POSISTION
THE PROPER WAY TO "CODE" WAS PUT ASSIDE IN THE MIND OF DARK GDKS PROGRAMERS
+ Code Snippet

if(dbSpriteY(2) < 100 dbSpriteY(3))
{
dbMoveSprite(3,ONGROUND);
}

THIS CODE SHOULD WORK NO PROBLEM AND IS THE PROPER WAY TO DEFINE COLLISION BUT IT DONT WORK COUS DARK GDK WAS POURLY WRITEN BY NOOB PROGRAMERS"

No one said programming would be easy to amateurs, and game design is defiantly not a walk in the park. Dark GDK wasn't developed to be an absolute noob spoon feed, sure it comes to you after you learn how to use it but its up to you contain your anger and hate and find a viable solution to your problems. And yes, collision was programmed into the engine, you just aren't using it correctly apparently.

Copy and pasted from a Pong tutorial i looked at last night.
Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 01:11 Edited at: 17th Oct 2011 01:18
If you're having trouble with something as simple as DarkGDK, I really don't think you should call the developers of the engine n00bs, but rather take the time to read trough tutorials to learn how to utilize the REALLY easy tools they've given us. It is very clear that you have NO experience making games through what you have posted and have the gusto to tell everyone else that they are stupid. Read a book. Take a class. Just do something to learn the engine: You can't start at the top, even pro developers went through "Hello World!" at one time or another.
lllll venom lllll
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 03:58 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 06:47
ok for one im far from a amature iv programed more stuff than u mr fuzzy and u mr stephen combined and yes the creators that created the scripting for dark gdk game engine didnt think it through being they dont understand the coding being its derived from dark basic u cant take vb and make it c++ this is the reason dark gdk is missing half to commands it should have and aslo with it being a scripting laguage cous ITS NOT C++ that we already know of course so yes noobs that didnt bother to even learn or understand c++ built a game engine for it from a vb game engine

o and to let u know i program in every laguage there is exept pearl java and python

iv seen alot of scripting laguages also and by far darkgdk is the worst but o well ill Mod Edit: Racist remark removed rig there crapy code and make it work.

envy
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Just LEAVE, you obviously don't respect anyone or anything.

Quote: "o and to let u know i program in every laguage there is exept pearl java and python"

So you can program over 300 languages, I don't think so.

Quote: "built a game engine for it from a vb game engine"

If you really knew all these programming languages, you would know that it is not a vb engine, it was written in C++ and a compiler was made to compile DARKBASIC, which was programmed in C++, it is all written in C++

Quote: "ITS NOT C++ that we already know of course so yes noobs that didnt bother to even learn or understand c++"

They are obviously far better at programming then you are if they can make a DirectX engine and you can't even use it.

Jeez, where are all the moderators.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 06:49
For such an "uber" programmer, you really should get a decent grammar/spell checker. The racist remark you made was icing on the cake. Banned for a month.

-Keith

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 09:20
Just...wow.
That's not how we do things around here, it's obviously not the place for you.

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 20:52
this topic is..lol

Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2011 05:48 Edited at: 19th Oct 2011 06:50
How does he manage to write code when his spelling's so bad? And if he's a new user, how did that racist remark make it past the filter?

Quote: "iv programed more stuff than u mr fuzzy and u mr stephen combined "

Ha ha... No. No you haven't. I've done commisions for more independent studios then you've even HEARD of. Granted, it wasn't in DGDK, but rather everything from Click-and-Create to coding for OpenGL and DirectX systems... I only use DGDK because it's a LOT faster than what I did before. I have no idea what Stephen does, but I guarantee he knows what he's talking about.

Quote: " im far from a amature "

Nobody said you were an amature. We said "ameteur." Grammatically, there is a difference. And yes, if you're not experienced with DGDK, you ARE an amateur.

Quick, someone lock the topic before all dignity is lost!
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "pearl"

This made me giggle.
DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 05:29
Quote: "How does he manage to write code when his spelling's so bad? And if he's a new user, how did that racist remark make it past the filter?"

I was wondering if the filter had been removed when I saw that there had been a racist remark.

Did they?

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 05:48 Edited at: 20th Oct 2011 05:48
Quote: "Quote: "pearl"

This made me giggle."

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 17:22
The "word" was in conjunction with "-rig". So it may have gotten past that way. Either way, it was EXTREMELY inappropriate and offensive; and the poster should have known better. Hopefully he/she comes back with a better attitude in a month, otherwise he/she may not be welcome here anymore.

No more reason for the thread to stay unlocked guys.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 21:37:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 21:37:23