Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / how to texture an object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i Have an object that i want to texture to be exact a monster head. but when i try to texture it following a youtube tutorial and when i unwrap the other side of the screen goes all crazy so i dont know what im doing wrong if you need the monster head i will try to put it in an attachment any one know how to do this

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you should post this in the "3D Chat" board, you would probably get much better detailed help there, since this doesn't necessarily pertain to programming.
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 22:36 Edited at: 16th Oct 2011 22:37
Well since i dont want to wasate a post ill ask a diffrent question. on sparkys collision thing what does the int facesPerNode mean
and why could i not use

would i just use the setup complex object for a complex object. compex object means somthing diffrent to every one so is a complex object somthing that has more than 9 sides?

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2011 12:29
Quote: " int facesPerNode"

it is something that you shouldn't be bother with. Just set it to 2,3 or 4 as suggested in the help files.

Quote: "would i just use the setup complex object for a complex object. compex object means somthing diffrent to every one so is a complex object somthing that has more than 9 sides?"

compley object is something that is not a box or a sphere. When you set an object as complex every trinagle will be checked for collision -> very precise collision, slower.

If you don't set it as complex then invisible box or sphere around object will be used for collision ->less precise, faster.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2011 19:04
Faces per node depends on the granularity you want for the checking.

I usually use the recommendations but for more granularity you can increase it but you can expect a potential impact on performance.

Like I use 9 using Ian's (PixelPerfect's) 3DWS loader.. for level collision/sliding.

I'm not positive this is the wisest move either - so the recommendations to use the "suggested" ones are perfectly fine I'm sure.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 21:39:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 21:39:51