Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Animated Sprites and Final Frames

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2011 20:09 Edited at: 16th Oct 2011 20:17
I'm playing around with sprites to see how they work and I came across something that doesn't seem right to me and was wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's just the way it is supposed to be.

I have the following code:

If I run it it as is, the animations play and end and display the current or final frame as "5", which makes sense. If I comment out code block 2 and uncomment code block 1, I get very different results. Using code block 2, the sprites play in reverse order, from the final frame to the first frame. This works fine, but when the animation stops, the final frame shows as "5" and not "1" like I would expect.

Is this correct? It makes it a lot more difficult to determine if the sprite was playing forward or backward.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 02:26
Thanks, fixed in next version.
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Was this fix released yet? I have not downloaded the latest. I did not see it in the the release notes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:44:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:44:44