Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / Help linking static lib as a dependency... (error LNK2001:)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2011 04:57
I'm using MSVC 2008 Express.

I setup a project to compile a lib of all the PureGDK cpp files. Compiles with no errors in both debug and release.

I've setup a new project and set the include path and also set the additional dependencies to the libs, both debug and release versions. I've also ignored the libs MSVCRTD and MSVCPRTD (They're the debug ones).

After googling, I've included <string>, but still getting these errors:

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me understand what I am doing wrong.

Here's my source so far:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2011 16:02 Edited at: 21st Oct 2011 17:04
Another thing I have noticed is that the release version is 34Mb and the debug version is one 14Mb. No change in the code.

EDIT: Somehow I got it working. I went through all the settings for both debug and release, set /MTd for both too. The release version is now just 4Mb and the degub is 14Mb.

EDIT2: Oh and I ignored the MSVCRT and MSVCPRT libs in both debug and release. Works fine and compiles much quicker....

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:56:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:56:44