Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Matrix Editor/Deformer in 6 lines

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 01:13
This isn't a whole lot, it's a matrix Editor/deformer in 6 lines, basicly you fly the camra around (arrow keys) and a little sphere representing the point in the matrix that is currently selected moves along in front of you, you then can use the enter and shift key to move the point up or down. If you hit the escape key it exits and SAVES the matrix in a file called "matrix 1.txt" the next time you run the program it loads the matrix that you were using so you can continue edditing. If you want to start over with a flat matrix just exit the program, delete the .txt file and re-run. You can also use the mouse to look around but since the arrow keys only move you along one axis you could get realy screwed up, i'd recomend using the mouse as little as possible but it's there if you want it. One little thing to note though, in the directory you save the code you need to make a bitmap called "ft.bmp" for the matrix to use to texture the landscape. Well that's bout it any comments would be appreciated.

Sparring - Loved by many, Pefected by few.
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2003 21:25
here's the easy-to-read code if any of you want to se it...

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2003 10:09
its cool how it remembers what you did last. have a look at my editor i did in 20 lines if you want
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=14006&b=11

Go on, click on my signature image, you know you want to
Favourite smiley>>>
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome!

However, I think two features should be implemented: Firstly, the camera should be able to rotate and elevate above the points you are editing. Second, you should be able to edit the specifications of the grid and textures.

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
DaemoN_v2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 16:27
hm... it just displays black screen. Any ideas? i AM at school right now, and these computers arent the best... cough...

[tT]
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 21:18
you'd need directx 9.0b which your school comps probably don't have, that'll be the problem i'd imagine

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 23:00
i have dx9 and its a blank screen for me
CPU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2003 05:17
Hmm... a few qestions first:
1. You did save the code and have a texture called ft.bmp there right? if you don't it'll probably give u an error i think or if you made ft a black texture that might be the other problem
2. I might have made an error converting it to 20 line code so if you were using that try the spaced out code.
3. It's in DB Clasic so if your trying to run it in pro it might be a problem (I don't know for sure)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 08:30:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 08:30:49