Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Mac OS X Lion / Xcode 4 AGK Compatibility Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking of getting a mac mini for use with AppGameKit development.

I noticed the new mac mini's come with OS X Lion, and from what I read are not compatible with Snow Leopard. In addition(if what I read is true), they cannot run Xcode 3.2.6 either, but must run Xcode 4.

I noticed in Lee's video he reformatted his drive with OS X Snow Leopard and specifically said to get Xcode 3.2.6 for building the player app.

So I'm wondering if I get a Mac Mini, will the use of OS X Lion and Xcode 4 give me any problems building apps for iOS with AppGameKit?
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2011 13:01
All of the examples and templates compile with Xcode 4.
JavierTF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 16:31 Edited at: 31st Oct 2011 08:07
edited:

Take a look to the SpaceShoter example, IOs.

If you see, in

void app:: Begin (void)

appears

appt:: Begin (void)

edited:

See you
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 19:50
Hi, which platform in the T2 source did you find this error. We'll need to correct it for the next build for sure.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 20:16
It was in the iOS project. Blame me for that one. Unfortunately these errors may creep in from time to time, but I hope you can see all the updates that have been released and see that we're working hard to make AppGameKit the best it can possibly be.
JavierTF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2011 23:36 Edited at: 27th Oct 2011 23:37
Yes, working hard and bringing programming world to many people in a simple and clear way. I know you for years and I can assure you carry a great job. I can say this for sure because I'm programming since the 80's (Muds, Unix, Spectrum, Binary ... you know) Something like TGC would have been great in those days!

Well... Maybe today was not the best of my days and rereading the post I think I was too hard and unfair.

Let me explain me. After being three days fighting with the command SetSpritePosition (thanks Paul, the convex polygons works fine) I decided to translate the source code to T2 with the Mac using XCode 4 template for IOs (XCode v.4.2). Translation is a repetitive and tedious work because it is a fairly large program. And the clock was ticking and I'd have to finish the job quickly.

Everything was fine, perfect main.cpp file, the first include file without problems, and a perfect simulation Ipad (iPad 5.0 Simulator) at this stage...

...Until I started working with the following .cpp and the rest of the include files... and... disaster. Everything blow up. Issue Parse errors, NSObjRuntime file full of tiny, red, hateful points, LLVM compiler errors ... ARGGGGGGGGGG. So I checked the examples, and finding that little minor mistake (appt) ... BANG! I explode. Sorry.

And here I am trying to understand why I can not add more files. Please, it's not a bug report. It is only to explain my situation at that time! I think the mistake is mine because I'm not familiar with this version, but is a good programming exercise.

That was the reason for my rude and inappropriate post. (On second thought, it really has been better than to throw the computers out the window!)

Continue on this way. All the best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:01:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:01:16