Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / LAST ERROR Tried to flush data on unconnected socket.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2011 23:46
I continue to get this message for both the Mac Player and iOS Viewer.

Users have suggested rebooting, disabling firewalls, etc. None of these suggestions have worked.

I can surf the internet on both my Mac and iPod Touch without any problems.

I'm running Norton Internet Security on my Windows 7 pc. I'm not getting any messages from it indicating that there is a problem when I run the Player and Viewer.

Which socket is unconnected? Can I check either Windows 7 or Norton Internet Security for the status of this socket?

I really want to experience AppGameKit Magic for myself. Please help.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2011 00:25
Have you disabled Norton? I know you said you were disabling the firewall but did you just disable windows firewall? I'd turn all of Norton off to be sure...

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 23:26 Edited at: 11th Nov 2011 23:26
When I drill right down to the very core of the code which produces this error, it transpires that the error is produced when a connection has been made in the first instance, but the connection did not delivery some/any of the data that was expected. This is normally due to a firewall instantly blocking the communication it has detected as unauthorized, but can be caused by ANYTHING that will step in between the AppGameKit Compiler and the devices you have on your network. Given case history, it is definitely not a bug in the traditional sense, but we are looking at all the myriad cases where such communication can be interfered with. If you do find that switching off some essential background task or reconfiguring your network settings solves this issue, let us know so we can add the details to our AppGameKit FAQ.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:29:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:29:57