Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / In-App Purchase - Feature Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2011 20:14
I've already put this in the "Bug/Feature Request" database but wanted to find out how many others were interested in this as a new feature for AGK.

I want to sell a game via the iTunes store and also sell game files for the game. Currently I don't know of a way to do this without going to tier 2.

Apple's In-App Purchase allows you to sell through your game. I don't know all of the particulars, but it was made to mostly allow you to sell new levels and additional "game files". It might also apply to new versions.

A new version that you might want to sell would be, introducing a single player version but selling, via that game, an upgrade to the multi-player version.

I know In-App Purchase supports new game files, I do not know if it supports new game versions but I assume that it would.

Having this interface as a feature of AppGameKit would allow us to sell through our apps.

I don't know of another way to do this without going to tier 2. Although someone may have another solution. If you know of a way to do this with tier 1, please let me know.

I am hoping to get a large response so that TGC will consider adding this interface to AppGameKit!
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2011 20:32 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2011 20:33
This is also a great way to sell a $.99 game but make the total sale $20, by selling more game files. And it keeps the game interesting over a long period of time.

I know of several games that use this and are very successful at it. One of these games is "7 Little Words". But many others do this.
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
We need to wait until they have the patent troll Lodsys taken care of before we start getting into In Game Purchases. That would open up TGC to a lawsuit from those idiots and everyone else here who implements it.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2011 21:19 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2011 21:32
According to what I've read, Apple is saying that they have bought the rights to use the patent and that they will defend their right and everyone else' right to use the patent.

Here is Apple's CEO's letter to Lodsys as posted in MacWorld:

http://www.macworld.com/article/160031/2011/05/apple_legal_lodsys_letter_text.html

Here is an article, in MacWorld about the issue:

http://www.macworld.com/article/160030/2011/05/apple_lodsys_license.html

Some of the major developers have expressed "relief" that Apple is at the forefront of the fray.

<EDIT>It is noted in one of the articles that, Rovio, EA, and Atari are involved in protecting the use of the patents also.</EDIT>

In-App Purchase is currently being used by many Apple partners. Apple can't let this go against them so there will be a satisfactory settlement, one way or the other.

All that I would ask is to know that it will be included with AppGameKit unless there is a judgement against Apple.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2011 16:14
I've starred (voted for) your request in the Issues board.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:08:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:08:31