Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just Downloaded the viewer from the apple App store and start the app. When I compile my program the viewer app on iPhone does not show the stream and I did turn off windows 7 Pro firewall. Please help?
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2011 18:20 Edited at: 4th Nov 2011 18:21
Turning off the windows 7 firewall may not fix it, because ports by default don't respond to some ICMP requests in windows 7 when the firewall is disabled. When enabled, they will only work if an application is listening on those ports. If these ICMP requests are required by the viewer and it's disabled due to your configuration, it'll probably fail. I don't know if it's required or not for the viewer.

I would recommend turning on your windows 7 firewall and opening the specific ports or allowing the specific applications you need.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd448557(WS.10).aspx

GKCobra
Years of Service
User Offline
What ports are needed for the AppGameKit viewer and Player apps. I have also tried this on my android phone with the AppGameKit player and it is not getting the events.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 00:17
Sounds like something on your system is preventing communication between the AppGameKit Compiler (on your desktop networked PC) and the destination device which is connected via Wifi to the wireless network. There are a number of connection points between these two systems, and the networks may not even be on the same adapter. You will need to be able to set your network up so the AppGameKit Compiler and AppGameKit Player are on the same network, not being interupted by ANY background tasks and running under standard drivers (not using a virtualisation system). If all your efforts fails, please post here with a detailed description of your system and why it differs from a simple PC connected directly to a wireless router and a mobile device obtaining an IP address from said wireless router.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:23:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:23:27