Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 1 Publishing with AppUp

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2011 18:07
I try to follow the procedure discribed under
Guides >> Tier 1 >> Publishing with Appup.

When I try to compile the program I get the errors:
atlstr.h not found
atlimage.h not found.

I have tried compiling with:
Visual C++ Express 8
Visual C++ Express 10

Can someone Help me?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 23:47
I can only speak from the tests I have done myself, and I am using the Visual Studio (non-express) version and I believe MS took out the ATL headers from the Express edition, meaning you will need either the ATL version of the VS Studio or find the ATL headers and libraries elsewhere on the internet and integrate them into your development environment. If anyone else is having this issue, I will break out an Express Edition and take a closer look.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
peterJBE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 00:14
I was able to compile the interpreter for AppUp with Express in the
meantime, but have doubt about what I did:
-I commented out the includes of "atlstr.h" and "atlimage.h".
I think they are only in the program because CString is used in yhe
jpegfile.h and jpegfile.cpp. I changed CString to char *(I donĀ“t know what effect this can have).
-I defined AGKPLAYER. (in C++.Preprocessor.Preprocessor. definitions so the the program works with the Intel Software Debugger and Appuplugin.dll).
-I removed the *.rc file.

I would be very good if you could have a look at this. As far as I understand recompiling the interpreter is neccessary for publishing with Appup because the GUID must be integrated in the sourcecode).
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 00:57
Yes for T1 publishing you need to compile the source code. The JPEG code was added for the AppGameKit Viewer feature which is perhaps what broke the Express compatibility. You changes look fine and should not impact the functionality of the engine. I think you might also have been able to remove all the JPEG related Scraper includes in the project and removed the SCRAPER define from the project defines. I have not tested that approach so it might be easier or harder than the process outlined above. If you find a way to get around the 'Express' issue easily, or a recommendation on how a future build could solve it, drop me a line at lee@thegamecreators.com. As I don't regularly use Express, this is one test that does not routinely get performed each build.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:16:08