Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Cut scenes and Video elements

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Has any thought been given to support of Cut scene video elements?
We have two projects we are looking at currently that demand this sort of functionality.
Anyone got any thoughts or ideas on this ?

Westa
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
MOV playback support would be great especially on iOS.

How about also enabling the possibility to run local html, as a lot of games are now also using html5 cutscenes
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
This may not be ideal but you can split the video into its individual frames and load it in as an animated sprite. I did this with one of my games using the agk you can see it working here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b3w5EFs2SQ . Apart from that I dont think there currently is a way to play a video yet.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 23:57
Is there any call for adding video codec support in AppGameKit? It is one of the things you will notice by it's absence in AppGameKit when compared to DBP. Is the use of video primarily for cut-scenes in games, or do you see yourself requiring more control such as sound volume, playback direction and speed, placement on screen, e.t.c?

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
Westa
Years of Service
User Offline
Being able to place video into a viewport or window would be useful or at least the ability to layer it behind other sprite layers -- but I was originally thinking more about full frame cut scenes.

Though the ability to rewind / play / pause etc would have some uses.

One of the projects we are working on based around an existing kids tv series so there is a lot of video all nice and packaged already - about 20hours of the stuff - would be great to be able to integrate some of this as cut scenes elements / video clip rewards for the ebook/ereader/puzzler we are putting together.

Westa
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like video support. Id prefer being able playback direction and speed of audio first. Im developing a game that has a bullet time effect, and it would be good to be able to slow down the audio in realtime rather than having to create a sperate slow audio files. This would reduce the games overall size which is important in mobile games.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
What about streaming off the Internet also, using Youtube or a similar media site? That would be an interesting feature.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 18:28
Quote: "What about streaming off the Internet also, using Youtube or a similar media site? That would be an interesting feature."

+1

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 03:43:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 03:43:09