Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Defiler's 3D thingies thread 2011

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2011 08:14 Edited at: 15th Nov 2011 20:54
[notice: Thanks to whichever mod that changed the name, appreciate it.]

Hey guys, so uh i have no clue if i have got better or not, so i will let you guy be the judge. This will be a dump for my work where i can hopefully get constructive crit instead of "herp derp looks like concrete". Anyway i have gone in a different direction instead of sci fi, instead i am going to try to go for a Refurbished Castle that got used as a hotel for a while but is now abandoned. (note: i know some repeating is apparent, i will fix that at a later date, and the Mortar looks terrible because i can't find a good tutorial in making Mortar

Lets start this thread off with some renders1 !?

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 18:18 Edited at: 15th Nov 2011 20:55
[thanks]

Anyway here is a wall lantern with a illumination map, i think it turned out pretty nice!

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2011 00:33
It looks pretty cool, the lamp does, but it may pay to put some modern game commodities with it like some reflections or a higher resolution texture. It looks a lot like a N64 game really, but nevertheless, do those things and it will become a nice model!

As for the door, look up a mortar texture on Google for references on the Mortar.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 06:37
I have to deal with FPSC limitation, so i can't have reflections with illumination. Also the lamp post does not use the N or S so the wood does not look that bad.

Decided to redo the wall and what not and did this.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 00:26
Hmm, Seeing some of FPSC's latest screenshots, it seems as if it's graphics engine has improved a lot, i would think it could handle at least environment maps quite well.

http://awolthehunted.blogspot.com/
For the latest news on my FPS in development, check out my blog!
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 07:17
Well unless i figure out HLSL and combine or make my own, i will have to rely on shader 3.0, the only problem is that i am getting a error which i posted somewhere else, i may have to remodel everything cause i have no clue if the model is corrupt.

defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 02:38 Edited at: 1st Dec 2011 02:40
Bump. Since the compo is over, here is a mediafire link for the wrench, maybe somebody wanted it, if i one day model FP hands or find the one from Henry Hams character creator pack i bought. <[found it, it was in my 3ds max folder XD]

I might rig it to those (But rigging is something i still need to learn properly ), Oh and most if not all of my models are for my indie game which is being build on FPSC X9

[ Nah, let me throw in a bunch of untextured goodies i do not use, one mans unused model is another mans asset, amirite?

Dropbox - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16349584/Defiler%27s%20Goodies%20pack%20%231%20%28Models%29.zip

Have fun, oh and i almost forgot, if you decide to use or modify anything in here, you can use it for commercial use but don't say you made the original model.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 09:07:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 09:07:47