Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Another LAST ERROR Tried to flush data on an unconnected socket...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello... I have my netbook and my ipad connected on wifi. I've turned off windows firewall and the wifi modem firewall, but I'm still getting this message... no game I run in the netbook is able to show up in the ipad. Is there anything else I should try?

Could we have another way of doing that, like specifying an IP and stuff, something more flexible? I'm afraid I will not be able to test games on the ipad.

Thanks in advance!
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2011 12:20
You may want to check this thread over:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191051&b=41

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2011 18:07
This may be related to a time out issue in the compiler that would close the connection after 2.5 seconds of no reply. Since some devices seem to take about that long to initiate the connection I've upped it to 5 seconds for the next version.
Leos
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi again!

But I've been able to test it finally... I had a switch, a cable from the switch to my pc, and another to a wifi modem. Now i got rid of the switch, my pc goes into the wifi modem's cable port, and the ipad now can receive the broadcast when sent from my pc thanks!

Only problem is that sometimes(very few, actually) it still fails, and the AppGameKit player seems to get stuck at the "Tried to flush data on an unconnected socket" for some time untill I can try again. But it's ok, at least now it works!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:41:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:41:58