Currently working on this in Dark GDK. It features endless and continuous terrain.
Here's a video:
EDIT: Fixed the transparency on the trees and also the smoothness of the terrain. Added a few more different types of trees.
1. Add a menu with the difficulty level selection from "a walk in the park" to "insanely impossible". <DONE>
2. Add collision with the trees and other objects and also firing the bikes guns. <TREES AND PICKUPS DONE>
3. Two versions of gameplay - fluffy cuddly version and a zombie scary version. Shoot and run them over.
4. Add day, night, snow, rain and sky boxes.
5. Add a end of game thing.
6. Anyone with more ideas???
1. Added sky dome. (Temp removed until generated clouds are done)
2. Speeded up game play so runs better on my slow laptop.
3. Added timer based movement so it runs the same speed on different computers.
4. Added a damage meter. Accounts for crashes with trees and going underwater.
5. Added a simple scoring for now but reduced when damage is taken.
6. Halfway through a 2D DirectX HUD display.
7. Updated the menu screen (still some more needs doing)
8. Added the pickups. Fuel, health and bonus points.
9. Health and Stars pickups now work perfect.
10. Music and sound effects have now been added.
11. Added a proper hud to show health, fuel and score.
Screen shots so far: (updated from the new update)
Attached is the current state of the game in testing mode.
There is still quite a fair bit to do on this yet but I will get there.
I will also be releasing the source code for this once it's fully up and running...
Here's a few shots of the original:
Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!