Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Viewer question

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 20:40
When I run and broadcast to my iPod I can rotate the Viewer before running but when it is running I'm stuck with the same direction. Shouldn't the direction change when I rotate the iPod?

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 23:24
Are you running one of the examples? You set which rotations are allowed, in Tier 1:

setOrientationAllowed(1,1,1,1)

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 23:36 Edited at: 18th Nov 2011 23:37
Nope, just a simple test. This prints 1 constantly. And it never rotates regardless of how I twist my iPod.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 00:09
Unfortunately the viewer doesn't rotate in an app since it is streaming from the windows player which doesn't rotate. It will report back it's initial orientation at the start and then use that for the rest of the stream. You would need to get your hands on the AppGameKit Player (which Apple makes very difficult) to get the full experience.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 12:00
Paul:
Thanks for the info. I got the AppGameKit Player from the beta testing. Is that as up to date as the Viewer?

I've been crazy busy with other things after the release, just getting back to AppGameKit now.

sparkart
Years of Service
User Offline
So how well does the AppGameKit Player work because I just checked out the AppGameKit Viewer and it is notoriously slow (which is understandable considering what it is).
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 10:43
I use the AppGameKit player and it works realy well! Someone, I don't remember who compiled it for me and since my iPod is jailbroken installing it was realy easy...
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2012 12:28
We are about to trial a service which allows you to get your own up to date AppGameKit Player on your iOS device. You have to be a signed up Apple developer (Apple rules), but otherwise the process should be quite painless for you. More info will be tweeted when we have an announcement

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:55:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:55:52