Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Nothing I compile will run..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2011 05:19
I am have a great time rewriting my Airline Sharks game. Problem is, nothing will run outside of the IDE. I am receiving an OUT OF MEMORY EXCEPTION - CANNOT CREATE WINDOW HANDLE with anything I compile using the DarkGDK. As a test, I just created a new project and added nothing. I compiled it. Once I exited and tried to run the EXE, it crashes with the same OOM error. I've tried this with both VS2008 and VS2010 with the same result. Anyone else have this issue? Kinda sucks at the moment. The DarkGDK is doing a great job for my VB app.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios
jojoofu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 03:54
It sounds like you have a corrupt file somewhere. You might have to reinstall the GDK and/or the directX 9 SDK. But before you do that check to make sure both your debug and release versions are set to target x86 platforms.

" The best slaves are the ones who think they are free. "
aerostudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 04:36
Actually, the app is running very well inside the IDE. Everything is working as it should. I did a test, and NOTHING I compile will run outside of the IDE. This problem is affecting any app I create, GDK or not. So I am chatting with some Microsoft developers to get to the bottom of it. I am getting nothing but "OUT OF MEMORY EXCEPTION - Can't Create Windows Handle" errors with ANYTHING I compile and run as an exe.

This error is present in both VS2008 and VS2010.

And, I am targeting X86, and testing different frameworks, 1.0, 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 They are all failing.

Thanks for your feedback though.

Russell B. Davis/aerostudios

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:52:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:52:12