Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / ModelFX Lite Free Download

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, ive started a new thread as my model viewer isnt really that simple anymore lol.

I would really appreciate feedback on it.

ModelFX Website

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 01:48 Edited at: 28th Nov 2011 01:56
neg crit... you have 2 threads on this now and confused me... one should be requested to be locked...

con crit... your site doesnt work for mobile devices so disable mobile edition and make it load the full site for mobiles.

but I will give it a go shortly and try to figure out where I should give you feedback...

EDIT

Tried it briefly... as on phone a bit limited...

con crit... download method is a little irritating... whats with the fort knox double identifier?

oth crit... how about a self update mechanism?

Can you shed some light on the technologies used to create the app... I am interested in the menus across the top

I hope to see this become something bigger... however... lite? you are planning to make a pro buy edition right?

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi MrValentine, thanks for the feedback.

Firstly i will look at the mobile edition issue and fix that or disable it as you suggested.

Second the download method is simply as its a free file host im using, so thats there "fort knox identifier", i was using mediafire but for osme reason it stops uploading after 10%.

As for technology used its a combination of Dark Basic, BlueGUI and a couple of custom DLL's.

The idea with the Pro version is based on some requirements that my brother has requested added to it, he works for a company called Neon play that make mobile games and has reuested some features that they could find useful, all top secrect with that im afraid, as if i pull it off i will be releasing that version for a fee.

I have stated on my website, this is still in development, i am still fixing bugs and adding some minor features and the feedback im getting from here and other websites has been ery helpful.

Thanks for the interest.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2011 12:09 Edited at: 28th Nov 2011 12:12
Good stuff

If you want some FTP space just ask

EDIT

Forgot to add... its free but some general standard guidelines follow and also I just ask for simple contributions like help with this app or that model... not mandatory though

I hope to have the communities page live sometime this week.

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Im not sure how FTP works to be honest? lol

Heres a little vid of ModelFX, showing some of the little features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFdr5-DN-9U&feature=g-all&context=G13133ALTtQo_gADAA

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, the new update to ModelFX Lite V1.02 is now available for download, with the new feature of being able to control a model's animation speed.

Ive also got a different host for the software download so it's not as annoying to download.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 03:38
Sorry kind of forgot about this... good thing I got email enabled lol... FTP is basically a channel... or back channel to a websites hosted space... if you are uploading a large file... ftp is a beauty as it allows you to resume a file... at least my servers do

will try the new version tomorrow hopefully...

Nice working on it btw... umm btw how to get hold of and use blue gui?

As you can imagine... traversing these forums for it might take me a lightyear lol... I mihht give it a try soon though... but for the time being I want to learn and make use of the many plugins I have paid for lol...

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi again, thanks for the interest in my ModelFX software and the feedback is allways appreciated.

The file size is only about 3mb so not too bad and seems to work well with mediafire when the website works lol.

Here is the link to the BlueGUI website, http://www.robertknight.me.uk/blue2/site/

Im not sure if its still being worked on as ive had it for a fair few years now, probably bout 6 or 7 in fact, i did have to pay for it though not a lot and it might of gone up since, but i do find it very usefull and easy to use.

lol ive still loads of plugins ive paid for that ive yet to use myself lol.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 04:03 Edited at: 8th Dec 2011 04:05
Epic Cheers

will have a look at the above soon

Will report any issues if any soon

EDIT

The tale of the typo continues...

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Great thanks for that, its nice to see im not the only nocturnal guy in the UK too lol, im in Chester so not far from you, but it is late so im off.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 04:08
Haha... yeah I am currently living 3 time zones...

Cheers nighty night for now¡

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 13:30
Quote: "its a free file host im using, so thats there "fort knox identifier""

Google Docs / Groups / Sites provides free hosting without major catches. You do need to put some work in to get it to upload Zip files; at least this was the case when I last used it; but its really good, just not many people know about it for some reason.

BlueGUI

Doesn't work as it should on Windows 7 / Vista. Since it is not free and has not been updated, it is not very good. A number of crashes occur with certain controls.

Consider BBBGui for windows controls or TopGUI for DirectX controls. They are updated more regularly to move with the times.

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm that TopGUI looks quite cool actually, might give that a try.

Thanks.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 13:21
Quote: "Consider BBBGui for windows controls or TopGUI for DirectX controls. They are updated more regularly to move with the times.
"

nice will check them out...

@ FOL

omg... I never knew I was looking for a date... mediafire popups...

I thought my popups were on high... wonder who changed that... anyway fixed

my only crit is that the files are not hosted somewhere where you just click a link for download on your site and it just downloads... seriously hurts downloads in my opinion...

anyhoo... always welcome to have access to some ftp space... seriously look into FTP... look I will give you a hand...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

I said i would give you a hand... not make it clickable hehehehe

happy december anyhoo

I will try nevertheless to load up an animated model now...

ok there are quite a few issues... also a few things to point out...

when you click on shaders... it keeps adding them to the object... there does not seem to be a way to remove the shaders... or disable them... perhaps a check box?

also the animation speed slider rotates the object... kind of irritating especially when I am trying to see the effect the speed has over moving tyres on a vehicle model... have you tried loading miko from the DBPro models folder... oooooo freaky results... what happened?

also it failed to load textures for some models... perhaps a select texture button?

hope this was useful...

Keep it up and you just might have a sell-able product

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, thanks again for all the great feedback, i will be aiming to address the issues for the next update.

The feedback is appreciated.

As fir the textures failing to load?, there is an option in the object menu that allows you to load a texture, did you try that one?.

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 22:04 Edited at: 14th Dec 2011 22:26
The new update V1.03 is now available for download

New Features:

Animation speed controls now located in a seperate object properties window.

Cull object settings now saved in the new MFX scene.

Improved menu system for better clarity.

Shaders can now be turned off on the loaded object.

Added a link to http://modelfx.webs.com/
in the help menu.

The loaded objects name is now displayed on the status bar.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 22:46
Nice... will try it tomorrow at the shop ... Glad to see I helped a little ... Credits¿

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks again, let me know your thoughts on it, plus i will be thanking the users like you in some way in the software at some point .

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
An image showing ModelFX Lite V1.03 with a loaded SackBoy model from Little Big Planet.

Click to View on the ModelFX Website.

The SackBoy model can be purchased from TurboSquid here.

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Any luck with the new build MrValentine?, next release will have you mentioned in the credits lol.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 03:52
Not yet had my day off today... will be back in office tomorrow GMT -0+ 10AM UK time...

I look forward to trying it out with a lovely sword made available to the community by Maindric. its a thread titled. Sword Model. in Three Dimentional Chat...

I feel honoured that you would make such a notion... in other words I appreciate the credits thanks

Will try it as soon as I can tomorrow... erm today lol just remembered its 02:52 right now...

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Starting work on update 1.4, any feature requests?

GeneralFOL
Years of Service
User Offline
A quick post to let everyone know that ModelFX Lite V1.04 is now available for download from my website.

New features include the ability to load DBO format models and load a background image.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 07:46:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 07:46:35