Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / I Aspire to Compose for Ubisoft! | Samantha Foster

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Site:http://www.samanthafoster.net

I'm Samantha Foster. I'm currently scoring a French RPG and have scored several films. I'm inspired by Jack Wall (Myst III:Exile, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow) & Hans Zimmer. To view complete credits and for contact info, visit my website above.

www.youtube.com/titanicpiano14
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 16:35
Interesting work. I like your piano compositions the most. The music board tends to be slow, so maybe introducing yourself and offering free samples of music to projects you like might get you noticed more.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Dec 2011 17:13
I agree with Josh... Also Hi

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Samantha,

I checked out your work and you have made a great start with your work. Ironically enough I just had a brief spell of time working with Hans Zimmer and I too started my music career on this forum so you are heading in the right direction

If you are looking at getting into games I would say that you should really brush up on your production with sample libraries so that they are final product quality. In the games industry you rarely get to work with live players (I am currently working on 2 triple A titles) so the sound of your result is more important than orchestrational correctness. For this you should check out the Vi-Control Forum. There are plenty of professionals there who can teach you everything you need (thats where I learned)

Keep focused on your goal, take on as much advice as you can. In time you will get there, I have no doubt.

Daniel James
www.HybridTwo.com

titanicpiano14
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup - I have to get new software.

www.youtube.com/titanicpiano14

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:39:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:39:24