Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Just a thought...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 08:04
Now I know that tgc are working on agk and have done a great job! But There are two things, that I think would make agk better. One thing is 3d graphics, I know there is dbpro, but i do not think that dbpro runs on mobile platforms. The second thing is the capability of making third party commands. But I still have to say that agk is the best mobile IDE out there, in my opinion.

P.s. I use udk for my 3d graphics for the iPhone, I just would rather want to work with agk instead of udk.

sov the game creator!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2011 08:41
3D is in the pipeline for a future release, not sure what you mean by 3rd party commands?

Of you mean plugins I'm not sure how that would work with all the native languages...?

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2011 20:09
The best way for plugins that are not graphics primitives would be to provide a Lua gateway in Tier 1. Available for nothing on all platforms and very powerful.

-- Jim
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2011 13:27
Lua does sound like a good idea! But what would be a very good addon would be ai commands and maybe some light commands. But the one thing that I would predict is after all of mobile devices run with agk and there is 3d objects... I think agk will go to console games!

sov the game creator!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 00:34
3D for AppGameKit is definitely on your roadmap. We have a game creator store with nearly 5000 game ready models to unleash onto AppGameKit users, and about 10 years of experience creating easy and fast 3D authoring commands and tools. Our engine is also OpenGL 3D under the hood. We just need to finish off our 2D offerings and get our foundations solid before we build upwards in glorious 3D

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that 3d is still far away, and personally I have no big hurry, but just for my own curiosity, what file format will 3d objects in AppGameKit use? darkbasic used .X since it was directx based.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 00:20
Too far away to confirm a format, but my guess is that it will be something that already exists and probably a web 3D format. OBJ is fine for static models, but we would want something that can handle animations, multiple UV layers, multi-material, e.t.c.

I drink tea, and in my spare time I write software.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
That's why I asked cos finding a good format that supports as many things as possible is tricky on this one!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 06:33:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 06:33:59