Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 00:33 Edited at: 16th Dec 2011 14:57
Hi all, here is my first app created with AppGameKit, it still WIP but quite near completion. Its called 'Impossi-Ball' and is like those Labyrinth type games where you have to move the ball without hitting the obstacles etc...

Its for mobile devices and uses either the accelerometer or virtual dpad (on the PC you can just use the arrow keys which makes it a lot easier)... I need to work a bit more on the graphics and it can probably do with some optimising...

Anyway, take a look, any feedback/suggestions/comments welcome!!

Oh, the escape key takes you back to the main menu...

Many thanks!

EDIT: New version added 16/12/2011

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 00:34 Edited at: 16th Dec 2011 14:56
Sorry for the double post, I wanted to add an image and saw no way of adding multiple attachments.

EDIT: Images now added to original post.
b83
Years of Service
User Offline
This is great! I had fun playing all 15 levels.. Good stuff!!
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 13:19
Could do with more booby traps and a few baddies, but still, that's a highly playable game. You're doing a great job there.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 13:31
Thanks b83...

Steve, yeah, I was thinking about adding more stuff (like a magnet or something which pulls you in to the electricity), but when you play it on a device with the Accelorometer it is literately as the name says 'Impossi-Ball'... I'm still tweaking with the controls to make it abit easier and then I could definately add more stuff... Any suggestions? BTW, I am from Brighton also! Thanks for the feedback.
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 13:41
Your're from Brighton, that's excellent, I thought I was the only AGK'er in this area. Which part are you in?, I'm in Woodingdean.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 14:06
I used to be in Woodingdean, but moved a couple years ago and now live in Withdean... Small world ay...
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 20:31 Edited at: 8th Dec 2011 20:32
Maybe we could arrange a meet sometime, it would be interesting to meet a fellow programmer in my area for a change. I drive past your area quite a lot.

I did used to have contact with another programmer but lost contact about 7 years ago. There doesn't seem to be that many go-it-alone type programmers in this city, and if there is, they keep themselves well hidden. LOL

I'm on FaceBook, feel free to add me if you like. http://www.facebook.com/stephen.ancell
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 15:04
Ok... So I've made a few changes. Rather than counting the amount of attempts it has taken you to complete the level, I've decided to change it so that you only require one star to proceed. The amount of stars you have collected for each level is displayed on the Level Select Screen and you will be required to collect 'x' amount of stars to proceed to the more advanced levels...

Next steps:

- Save the amount of stars collected for each level (need to mess about with file write and file read, wish me luck!).
- Build more advanced levels.

I have attached the new version in the original post, as always, please feel free to provide any comments/suggestions...

Thank you!
Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 18:01
Definitely getting there, you thought of any more moving obstacles and stuff yet?.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 18:55
@Steve, not as yet... Just working on the foundations of 'advanced' levels. Once I have that, I can start introducing additional stuff... hopefully.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:50:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:50:41