Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Using Code::Blocks C++ IDE for native AGK dev

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2011 20:35 Edited at: 8th Dec 2011 21:51
This may be of interest to other Android native AppGameKit coders..

In an attempt to use the default Code::Blocks IDE for development with native C++ AppGameKit instead of Eclipse, I have come across this page: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.csharpwin.com%2Fdotnetspace%2F4100r6181.shtml&act=url

the page has been translated from Chinese(?) to English.

I think I have all the settings for the Arm compiler set properly but I am stuck after trying to 'build' getting errors stating that there are missing include files.

It could be that this guide is out dated or that I have just not set things up properly. Can someone who is more familiar with this stuff and is interested in getting this IDE to work with native AppGameKit take a look at getting this to work? I am just not that familiar all of this.

Thanks in advance and hope this is possible. It can also be helpful for AppGameKit Basic users who eventually want to move to native C++ but remain in a familiar IDE (code::blocks)
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Isn't the AppGameKit T1 editor a simplified version of code::blocks ?
b83
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, but my understanding is that in order to use native C++ for android in AppGameKit this has to be done within Eclipse. I could be wrong about this but I am trying to avoid using Eclipse for native AppGameKit dev for android.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Why are you trying to avoid Eclipse?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2011 14:35
Quote: "Why are you trying to avoid Eclipse? "

Because it's an arse to initially setup!

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:22:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:22:58