Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / The PureGDK 2.0 Beta is coming to a close

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2011 15:51 Edited at: 11th Dec 2011 15:51
Barring any unexpected problems between now and the next release, beta 14 will mark the last beta before the first release candidate. PureGDK is starting to look very polished and despite my desire to tinker with a number of minor things it's time to bring the beta to a close.

I want to thank everyone who has been a supportive tester of this software. It's certain that PureGDK wouldn't be where it is today without you guys. Thank you so much!

The first release candidate will coincide with the release of the new website. Expect a little bit of a bumpy transition as I've decided to not attempt to merge the old database with the new one. All existing PureGDK.com user accounts will be deleted and a credit will be sent to the e-mail address associated with each account for a free purchase of PureGDK 2.0.

If there is anything you really want to see in PureGDK 2.0 now is the time to bring it to my attention.

Billy33
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2011 20:17
Hi Mistrel,

I have tried v2 beta 13 and 14, and i have perhaps found something wrong on my configuration (Seven x64 SP1, DBpro 7.7RC7, Purebasic 4.51 x86) with the Newton plugin (v1.53 DBpro wrapper). Is there a know issue on Newton plugin ?

Without Newton DBpro plugin, all seems to work fine.
I only found an error in the basic3d-4.pb project (unknown constant)
Ligne 94: Constante introuvable: #kGDK_Image_StretchFilterColorKey

With Newton plugin, after a new PureGDK setup in a dedicated directory, i can't compile any project with PureBasic because failing to load Newton.dll

After putting newton.dll in Windows\SysWOW64, i had another error message from PB compiler (Could not find function '?NDB_SetMatrixIdentityMatrix@@YAXXZ' in 7:NDBdll)

Another question.
I can't remember any access login to the pureGDK website (https://puregdk.com/index.php?f=account-login), because i purchase PureGDK v1 in TGC area.
Will you will give an update permitting download directly from TGC "My products" registered user area ?

Thanks
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2011 07:53 Edited at: 12th Dec 2011 08:14
Quote: "Will you will give an update permitting download directly from TGC "My products" registered user area ?"

Users who purchased through TGC will receive a free copy of PureGDK 2.0 on their "My Products" make on release. The user accounts on the PureGDK.com website are completely separate.

Quote: "After putting newton.dll in Windows\SysWOW64, i had another error message from PB compiler (Could not find function '?NDB_SetMatrixIdentityMatrix@@YAXXZ' in 7:NDBdll)"

This is a bug in NDB.dll. The first entry of the string table is:

Quote: "NDB_SetMatrixIdentityMatrix%0%?NDB_SetMatrixIdentityMatrix@@YAXXZ"

However, the export for ?NDB_SetMatrixIdentityMatrix@@YAXXZ does not exist.

Beta 13 introduced a new automated way of including DBP plugins. Instead of specifying a command manually (which was very confusing and error-prone), gdkc.exe now scans the string table itself and picks the first command in the list. This command is passed to the DBP at runtime to verify whether the plugin is properly licensed.

You can see the same error by running this DBP program:

Send an e-mail to tiresius (paul_apgar@hotmail.com) and ask him to fix this. Or better yet, ask him to post the source code and I would be happy to fix it for him.

In the next release of PureGDK I'll be sure to have gdkc.exe verify whether an export exists before attempting to use it.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2011 15:50 Edited at: 25th Dec 2011 15:51
Quote: "
#kGDK_3D_DrawFirstNoAlpha : Draw first with no alpha blending
#kGDK_3D_DrawFirstWithAlpha : Draw first with alpha blending
#kGDK_3D_DrawSecond : Draw second with alpha blending
#kGDK_3D_DrawSecondLowRes : Draw second with low-res alpha blending
#kGDK_3D_DrawSecondClip : Draw second and clip for alpha values beyond 0x000000CF
#kGDK_3D_WaterLineObject : Automatically separate for depth sort.
#kGDK_3D_DrawSecondLowResClip : Draw second with alpha and clip (useful for falling LOD leaves)
"

These constants are not correct : "_3D" has to be omitted.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, DBPro 7.5 + PureGDK 2.0b
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "These constants are not correct : "_3D" has to be omitted."

This was actually supposed to be fixed back in beta 13; I could have sword I updated the constants but I must have missed all of the ones for the 3D library. This has been corrected.

Guido Italy
Years of Service
User Offline
when the official release of new version ?

( I have the paid version ) .
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2012 15:10 Edited at: 29th Jan 2012 15:12
Quote: "when the official release of new version ?"

The current release is still in release-candidate status. However, the new website provides a download link for the full commercial version (for those accounts who purchase it) which does not expire as the beta releases have.

I still have to send out coupons for owners of the 1.0 release. I'll try to get those sent out later today for the old PureGDK.com accounts. I don't know how long it will take for those who purchased from TGC as I don't have access to this information; I'm sorry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:24:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:24:36