Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / can someone test my dbo to x conversion!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 02:59 Edited at: 15th Dec 2011 05:51
I dont have a copy of dbclassic....

Follow this link and tell me if the .x sample loads into dbclassic

Thanks!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=187360&b=8&p=1

actualy the file is right here.....just test the .x file and confirm if it loads animated into dbclassic...

Much aprieciated!!

Edit: i should have actualy listed this to say Darkbasicpro program saving to x or dbo animated though it will most likely be possible to convert dbo to x aswell...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 04:53
Dbo x
x dbo
no?

I am lost in your point...

Also you just want to test to see if this works in DBC right? the export I mean...

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 05:42
yes...id like to see if the .x is working with dbclassic as the file was drawn with dbpro.

sorry i ment to say my darkbasic project can save to a direct x format as well as a dbo format (with the animation intact)

dbo to x is coming soon! just wrote out the title incorrectly

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 05:46 Edited at: 15th Dec 2011 06:27
Actualy hold on a sec

static yes (with no animation)

you could load a dbo and save a .x but has no animation yet (im working on that)

However the creating of animations with my software will save to the .x or the .dbo with the animations working correctly

Looks like i may need to build an importer plugin aswell since the offsets report incorectly when reloaded into the editor using load object # commands

if you create an animated model in Modelprop it will load and save both ways....but for now you will need to save the animation file with it to load correctly. also everytime you back convert my exporter seems to add 2 extra limbs...lol but i will fix the kinks as i go...

chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 13:27 Edited at: 15th Dec 2011 18:25
Hi there
@SMD_3D Interactive

I have tested your object in DBC, and the object is animated, but all the limb looks wrong offset position . It could be...I guess that you in the main object, instead of making two arms, just copy first arm and copy leg and so on, so the information into the x, keeps its first place as they where created before you mirror objects. I have done that time ago and I found a solution of making every limb twice and adjust vertex . Try again making your object, and don't copy limbs...just make limbs and add limbs. I hope this information can help somebody

Cheers.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2011 13:44 Edited at: 15th Dec 2011 13:47
thanks for the info

I will look into why this loads like this....

Thanks!

So the animation looks to be in the file? ok....

I will try a single bipped mesh and see if that stays intact.

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 00:00 Edited at: 16th Dec 2011 00:19
@SMD_3D Interactive

Looked through the x file test1.x a bit and noticed a couple of things:

1. As a general rule of thumb for creating a direct x file, it's a good idea to include a header template following the file format specifications and version header:

The header template is supposed to identify the version of retained mode specific to the application (the xfile format was really designed for use with retained mode but it is found to be broadly applicable and adaptable). That implies it's only necessary if the application uses it. However, I've found that consistantly putting the header template in my xfiles seems to keep them working from app to app.

2. For DBC use (and maybe general use) you can get rid of the AnimTicksPerSecond template reference and values. This template isn't defined in DBC and unless the animation is handled by a closed system driven only by X files, it's not really necessary. Most games and/or apps control the speed and interpolation of animation separately. Your keys (key frames) indirectly help set the timing for the interpolation.

3. Looking at the animation sets, there seems to be some weird scaling that is in some of the keys. While this may be intentional, I think it's probably a conversion error.

4. I also noticed you have frame reference names at the end of your Animation {} groups. Usually those references are made at the beginning:

And, also for what it's worth, I've never seen those references actually influence anything. The main thing when setting up the animations is that the animation groups and keys have to follow the frame hierarchy exactly as it is laid out in the file. I think your file looks ok in that regard.

Enjoy your day.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2011 01:05
Thanks for the info.... Id like to try getting this to work for both dbc and dbo.

Im going to fix my loader first and i will look into this again

thanks!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 06:06 Edited at: 17th Dec 2011 06:06
oddly i think i can fix the problem here... i was looking and it seems that the animations attach to the wrong limbs (1 off) and that the animation can not have any scaling animation in it.

Ill see if i can code a patch just for dbc.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 17:12 Edited at: 17th Dec 2011 17:16
Ok i got it!!!

Test this out :p

If this seems to work with dbc then i will get the changes made so my editor works fully for this aswell.

Attachments

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 18:30 Edited at: 17th Dec 2011 18:31
The model works in DBC and animates fine. Here is a screenshot.

Attachments

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 18:59
excellent!! im working on a patch release right now.

And i noticed my title was wrong....

its a dbpro application saving a .x file .... not dbo to x converter...but will be able to do that soon enough!

chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 21:19
Like result as LBFN...works perfect !!

Cheers.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 01:28 Edited at: 18th Dec 2011 01:29
Ok so modelprop has now been updated and can be used for DBC

Note:
-Do not have model prop running at the same time as dbc as it looks like it crashes it.

Download in this thread...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=8&t=187360&p=0

I may update it so the free version at least saves the models but without the animation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:06:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:06:49