Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Crazy Tiles - a touchscreen reaction game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I really wanted to see if I could write a game for my Android Bionic. I'm not good at graphics, so I came up with an idea where I didn't need to do a bunch. I also wanted to utilize my touchscreen. So, I created "Crazy Tiles". It's a very simple concept and good for all ages.

The game starts out simple, with 1 tile that fills most of the screen. In the lower right of the screen is the tiles you need to match. When you touch the big tile, it goes in in numbers. When you release it, the numbers go down. Sounds easy? Well, it is... at first. However, the number of tiles increases with each level and the sizes go down. The speeds also change and the location where the tiles appear change as well. To score, you need to match all the tiles on that level. If you are on level 5, you need all 5 tiles to match to score. So, you can imagine how fast and difficult it is when you get to level 12 or 13.

It works well on my Bionic. I'd love some feedback on how well it works and installs on other devices. The easiest way to install is to go to the Android market and search for "Crazy Tiles". Let me know if it comes up for you, installs, and plays smoothly. Oh ya, let me know what you think of the game.

Currently, the game is complete and plays. I am working on creating a global high score so you can submit to a server and see how you compare with others. For now, I'd live to hear how high people have scored and to what level they have got.

Thanks. Any and all input welcome. Be nice, it's my first game and my daughter did the graphics (she's 13).

Attachments

Login to view attachments
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 03:42
Quote: " e and my daughter did the graphics (she's 13)."

Aww sweet... I think I tried this after your other post on it... sadly I can not remember the game but it might still be installed... hang on...

Yes it was... just launched it... and the graphics were crisp I think...

Umm the BOING noise is either a bit loud or irritating... maybe a bell? or the Symbol instrument...

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree. I don't like the sounds. When I wrote the game, I used the sounds from the SMack it sample. But TGC won't let me use them in my game, so I had to find other sounds real quick. These were free, and since I'm not selling the game, I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible. Eventually, I will find something better and replace.

Thanks for the input.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 03:59
I think its about time I made some simple free sfx's... they will not be brilliant... but should help folks on here... +1 this message in a quote and I will get cracking on it as soon as I get 7 +'s if I get them before monday I will remember to pack my music creation pack and install it at work on monday ... you can use them as filler effects until you find more professional effects... will decide the GPL or write my own little licence making.them free for free productions and credited and a small one. time royalty free licence for paid versions...

So any suggestions of sfx types?
Forget about asking for animal or human sounds just instrumental effects blast effects are ok too. I might make a post on the SFX music board once a pack is ready... regarding the royalty... maybe something as simple as £7 GBP Pound Sterling

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So any suggestions of sfx types?"

Background music was my hardest. TGC had something called "rag". It was kinda upbeat. It worked really well for me. Same with the sounds when hitting a target and missing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:01:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:01:33