Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Team Delta [Multiplayer]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2011 20:04 Edited at: 19th Dec 2011 12:42
Team Delta

Developed by Coftware - Spongebob and others...
Uses FPSC x9 1.18 unmodded

The terrorists are invading the Capitol City. People and many defense units are given weapons to protect themselves. The citizens doesn't like anyone. They are killing cops too. Now everyone is one man army.
Who will win? Find out!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Features:
Multiple Map System
Custom Menu Music
There were custom screens too. I tried changing files. No luck.
An update system

Done
In Developement
Abandoned

Maps:
Warehouse
Apartment
4 Alleys
Death Valley
Bombarded Town

Website/Download: http://teamdeltafps.tk

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Spongebob
Years of Service
User Offline
There were custom menu backgrounds too. I used the same method.. replacing the files but with 1.18 it doesnt work anymore. Douse it has something to do with imageblock.bin?

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2011 04:48
Not trying to be mean, but here is what i can tell from that one screenshot.

PROS
- Not completely empty (meaning you used some entities)
- Umm...

CONS
- Lights are WAY to bright. Try to move them farther away from the wall, and make them have a shorter radius
- Repeating textures look bad. Try to change up your segments a bit to make it look nicer!
- On the left side of the screenshot, the second floor is just floating there for some reason. Why?
- How exactly did those big containers get in there?
- Random gantry segment heading to nothing? Add some rooms up there!
- Are there any guns in this level? I don't see any..
- The list can go on...

Im just saying that you still need to do a lot of work before distributing a multiplayer game! They are very hard to become popular, as i have seen maybe 2 good multiplayer games for FPSC in the past year or so. But keep working on it, and send some emails to Bugsy/Kravenwolf/Wolf/etc. They know a lot about level design and lighting. Im also available, but i won't give as much help as they will. My email is on my profile if you want to send me an email.
Spongebob
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "- Lights are WAY to bright. Try to move them farther away from the wall, and make them have a shorter radius"

I'm looking forward to do it in next maps. The containers will be removed cause tyel look ugly and are full of bugs.

Quote: "- Are there any guns in this level? I don't see any.."

There are, they are close to player spawns so player can pick them up quickly.

Quote: "- Repeating textures look bad. Try to change up your segments a bit to make it look nicer!"

Should try.

Quote: "- Random gantry segment heading to nothing? Add some rooms up there!"

Should do, and then make it a 4-5 player map instead of 3. Would greatly improve gameplay. I agree.

Quote: "- On the left side of the screenshot, the second floor is just floating there for some reason. Why?"

Can't really see the supports. But the supports are just a pile of boxes

[quote]I should switch to Singeplayer to change lighthing. Multiplayer editor has limitations. I know how to properly build a MP game.

Spongebob
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "- Lights are WAY to bright. Try to move them farther away from the wall, and make them have a shorter radius"

Oh, an is there a way to adjust ambience in MP?

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2011 03:03 Edited at: 21st Dec 2011 03:04
Yes. Here is one of my multiplayer tricks. Design your whole level and everything as if it where a regular single player game map. This allows you to adjust more options. Then when you are done go to the file-preferences and switch it to multiplayer.

After the game is built open the folder and dive into the language bank folder and look at my screenshot for where to go. See the last line in the first paragraph, adjust the ambient number and done.

Edit: I just realized that the "multiplayershadertest" was the name of the test map I was playing around on. This will be the name of your game.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Spongebob
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you raymondlee306. I will sure use your tip

Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 03:56
Raymond is wrong, you can not simply "switch it to multiplayer". This has already been discussed multiple times on these forums. You have to start a NEW map, before you build ANYTHING you have to switch it to multiplayer

If you do not do this, you will get the "waiting to join" error or something. I can't recall what it is called, but it means people can't join your game.

If you don't believe me, look it up on the forum.

- Josh
Spongebob
Years of Service
User Offline
@Desecrated Studios. If i out the right build settings then its ok

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2011 00:24 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2011 00:36
Not to argue, but I've done the switching back and forth between single and multiplayer multiple times and have had very successful 6 person tests. The waiting to join error is caused by a port forwarding/router firewall issues. As a matter of fact I just did this with 1.19 Beta 3 right before I posted that and ran it on both of my computers with no trouble.

The six person test was done with 6 people from different cities while running 1.18 with WASP mod.

EDIT: Can you point me to those discussions? I would like to figure out why mine might work, but someone else's does not. Might bring me closer to something I've been working on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:14:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:14:55