Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / G Pad Music Sketchpad

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
G Pad allows you to quickly create different kinds of music.

There are dozens of instruments and you can create songs of unlimited length, load and save them.

Was inspired by things like the Korg Kaosillator. Just a quick easy way to make music on mobile devices.

Here's the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UPDl5-LOg4
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 03:31
Aside from possibly failing the showcase rules

I want to say... There is not one member on this forum lately that ceases to amaze me with their productions...

You Sir... I salute you!

Its amazing from my viewpoint... is it for all platforms or just pc for now?
Will you release it to android market?

Free? Paid?
I would mark it around £3.99 circa. $6.99 if you can create .mp3 or .WAV or .ogg exports... I might even buy it to be honest as I am not keen to produce sound effects at the moment and BGM...

What implications would you be against if people were selling or sharing produced tracks? that used your tool.

Cheers

Sinistar99_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!
Well I'm trying it out on my Android X2 and it lags a little here and there so I need to do some optimization and maybe get rid of or have the option to get rid of the expanding triangles.

Also I need to name it something else cause there's already a G Pad for Android.

Unfortunately there's no way to save the song as a wav or mp3 at this time. I'd have to mix it mathematically and then save it that way which I'd love to but would have to go to tier 2 to do that... this is just AppGameKit basic.

One cool thing I noticed is that the AppGameKit sound system automatically compresses the sound so if you place notes over each other it increases the volume of that note! this allows for a lot more expressive sound and never clips!

The other thing is that this has a feature to erase all the instances of a single instrument on the current loop... so you can spend a few minutes layering your sound then copy the whole thing a few times and then start eliminating instruments so it can "build up" kind of like "sculpting" a song.

I think I'm only going to charge maybe $1.99 for it since there's no export (you could always get an 8th" patch chord and plug it in your line in and record it with Audacity or something.

It's got lots of potential but it's a work in progress.
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 19th Dec 2011 04:07 Edited at: 19th Dec 2011 04:09
Quote: " ...chord and plug it in your line in and record it with Audacity or something. "

ahhh I truly am getting old...

Keep at it... I will try to keep an erm... pair of eyes on it...

Potential +1

EDIT

It is not easy copying on a small phone screen...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:19:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:19:42