Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Paid job for coder to make simple app.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 00:28 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2011 15:03
Due to the fact AppGameKit supports so many platforms I want to port some of my iOS apps to AGK. I have asked TGC permission to post paid jobs and it was given, so I will be posting paid coding jobs to remake the apps in AppGameKit, and down the line, some new exciting applications I have planned which I am very much looking forward to making, and being a part of the thriving AppGameKit community. Here is the first coding job I require.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
short description

app that cycles random jokes and also displays random images and sounds to go with the on screen text.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is a demonstration video (note it has place holder art and is mocked up in html and javascript, so the animation transitions do not have blending, but are hard cuts between frames as it swaps between pages).

[href]http://www.avantivitastudios.com/Promotions/joke app.swf[/href]

detailed description

intro screen.
displays a series of images with a sound playing. After this has played it takes you to the menu.

menu.
this screen has a link to developer, and a link to the 2nd menu. (not shown in flash film)

developer.
has two links, one back to the menu, the other to the developers web page.

2nd menu.
has 3 links to the following

main app 1
main app 2
main app 3

What are main app screens? this is the actual app. they are a background image, a link back to 'menu 2', and also two hotspots to press, press either one and the background image is swapped and plays a sound, (there are 10 backgrounds, and 10 sounds to randomly select one to display) then a random image from a collection of 10 is displayed in the middle of the screen and a random text message is shown.

Also note pressing the text layer makes it disappear, pressing the area again makes it reappear, I forgot to show that in the flash film.) The pink circle in the bright pink square is a semi transparent layer above everything except the text joke.

all 3 main app screens all identical apart from the text massages they display.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That's the whole app, its a very simple app that should not be any trouble to make. I would do it myself but I want to save time, that and the fact I am not getting into AppGameKit myself till the Hand AppGameKit On book comes out, Any bids, cost and time can be made on these boards.

I will need the AppGameKit source, and the compiled project files for the different platforms so they can be loaded into there own specific compilers, ie Xcode for iOS and so on for the other platforms, I pay by paypal and I like to see the application working (video is also fine) before payment is handed over.
If you have any questions please ask and I will try to answer your queries.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 12:07
That's an interesting offer. I wish I had the time, however I wouldn't commit to making a game you might buy if someone else didn't beat me to it.

Isn't there a better way to offer this out?

I would ask for people to apply to make it and give the job to the best applicant, that way nobody will get annoyed at having made a game they can't even sell themselves (since it's your intellectual property). You could just tell people if they've been successful or not. Just my opinion.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 15:00 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2011 15:02
Its not a game, its a joke telling app.

Just a simple cost and time bid for the job will suffice, I will pick a winning bid for the job, coders don't have to make anything, just bid an amount for the job.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2011 15:10
Quote: "Its not a game, its a joke telling app."

You say tomato I say potato

Sorry if I sounded anti-idea I just thought you wouldn't want to annoy anyone but it seems you've clarified that quite nicely. I'm sure you'll get a few bids.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 17:53
baxslash sent you an email.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 10:20 Edited at: 28th Dec 2011 10:21
Provided I had the jokes, I could have this finished in a few hours. All the code will be handled by my UI code which works perfectly. Your app is basically just a huge menu.

You can see examples of my games here: Here if you wanna have a look.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 11:06
Thanks fallen one, I'll send a proposal as soon as I have some time. Sounds like mob might be closer to a solution than I am though. I'd be coding from scratch...

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 11:18
Happy to do it. It all goes on my CV!

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 18:23 Edited at: 28th Dec 2011 18:24
Hi Mobiius, yes that's pretty much it, just a bunch of menus, send me a quote at my email form.
http://www.avantivitastudios.com/contact.html

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 20:41
Messaged on your forum.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:47:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:47:57