Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] Island defence

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2011 17:59 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 16:06
Hi, this is a projcet that I have been working on for qute some time, I had a thread for it a while back wich you can see here. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=189217&b=41 But now that the AppGameKit board has been split and I have been adding quite a lot of stuff to the projcet, I figured I could just start a new thread...

The point of the game is to defend an island in the middle of the screen from enemy ships wich are closing in from all directions. You pilot a helicopter armed with rockets. You allso have a ship of your own(the latest adition to the game) wich you can controll and will automaticaly engage all enemies.

The game is made for touchscreens that's why I have the viruall joystick and button. Sadly I have had some difficulties getting the game to work as a standalone app on iOS and android. (if anyone could help me compile the game for android I would be realy gratefull)

Since the last release I have addet the "RTS system" to the game and completley remade all graphics ecxept the helicopter and the ocean. And fixed some bugs

Screenshots:

Download atatched ¨

Download updated: January 10

Changelog
-New water texture

A version is allso avalible for android further down.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2011 00:40
Welcome back! Games looking better, maybe add some sfx sprites for water wakes and splashes would make the ships standout more.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2011 08:51 Edited at: 24th Dec 2011 09:35
That's actualy prety high on my fearure list allready, im probably getting particle sandbox for christmas and then I will do that

Quote: "Welcome back"

I have been her the whole time, just not working on this game
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow thats pretty good man.Will download it,thanks.

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,Rolfy,KeithC,Nickydude,SceneCommander,Dark Goblin And Lee Bamber is my icon.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2011 10:16
Quote: "Will download it,thanks."

Awsome, tell me what you thought when you have played it!
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2012 19:32 Edited at: 4th Jan 2012 19:56
Here is a new update, I havn't been doing much on the game latley but I finaly managed to compile the game for android

I allso completley rewrote my enemy system so the spawning and movment is smoother now.

I allso want to thank badkneecap for offering to compile the project for me.

EDIT

I attatched the .apk file for evryone that wants to test the game on android!

I hope this shuld work, the file seems to be to small thoug... Can someone thest it?

Attachments

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Zog.

I downloaded and installed on my Android. I noticed 2 things. First, the helicoper graphics are still not showing up for me. I just see a while box.

Second, I see a BUNCH of numbers along the left side of the screen. It's a little bit distracting.

Other than that, good job.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 10:25 Edited at: 5th Jan 2012 12:11
Realy, the helicopter dosn't show up? It does for me. What device are you using?

I added the numbers to track down a bug but forgot to remove them...

Edit, here is a patch wich may fix your problem...

I added an options menu where you can change graphic settings. Try changing to the low (red) setting. That will remove the animation from the helicopter. I fear that may be the problem since the image is fairly big...

Other changes include:
-Added some soundeffects
-Fixed some bugs
-Removed the disturbing debug text.

I will allso update the PC version

Attachments

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a Droid Bionic.

- PR
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 15:03
Ok... I never heard of that.

Did you try my updated .apk?
badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a Verizon 4G phone. Aside from the Razor, it's the latest out. Dual Core, etc. it's pretty fast.

I got a couple more graphics displaying than before, but right now it's just the helicopter that is not showing.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2012 15:31
That's realy weird... I think I had this problem on some computers to... But then changing to the un animated heli solved it. Did you try doing that in the options menu?

I was bored today so I decided to remake the water texture. I found some awsome tools in gimp and managed to get this.

I both like it and hate it. The water it self looks awsome but it makes it look like the ships and island are flying. What do you think shuld I keep this one or revert to the old image. Or do you have an other idea of how to solve it?
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2012 16:03 Edited at: 10th Jan 2012 22:31
Here is a new .apk file

Changelog
New water texture
I think there are some other things to but I don't realy remember what I had done in the last version

Edit

The PC version has allso been updated, Download in the first post

Allso, I know im dubbleposting but last time I checked It was OK if you don't just do it to bump the thread. Im guessing an update dosn't count as bumping but if it does, please tell me

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:34:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:34:13