Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / GJK a new way of doing dbpro but in java!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2011 07:14 Edited at: 26th Dec 2011 08:10
GJK is a small project I am working on which will allow people to program dbpro in java. I know there is AppGameKit which (I believe) will overcome dbpro, but I think it would be cool to make dbpro in java. Allowing java to have dbpro commands will not only make java programming easier but since java supports opengl, openal, and opencl it can go just about anywhere! I have only been working on it for a couple hours so there is only like 5 or 6 commands built in... but here is a youtube video of it and a list of commands so far! enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-v306GT9ks&feature=colike

list:
sync()
square(left,right,top,bottom,r,b,g)
mouseX()
mouseY()
mouseClicked()
startCoding(x,y,vsync) -just like displaymode()
end()

soon:

wait(100)
print("stuff")
keystate(key)
scancode()
syncRate(fps)
loadImage("image.jpg")
loadsound("sound.wav")

post if you have any thoughts or ideas cheers!

p.s. I know I have a lot on my plate with robotOS, app dev, gdk game engine but I thought this would be fun! ohh and robotOS is all done just lazy to build a good robot for it.

Edit: a cool thing is that java has a thread object making it so you can do multiple things at once!

sov the game creator!
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2011 22:58
are you gunna have 3d object creation as well? if so cheers!

well cheers anyways...lol!

sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2011 23:16
Yes I will! And I will try to make the commands as similar to dbpro as possible. It is a learning process for me also by doing this but I will have no problem!

sov the game creator!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 26th Dec 2011 23:36
Very interesting indeed...

sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 00:15
Ok I just got sprites and loading images all done with! But that is only 2 commands... Working on more now.

sov the game creator!
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 00:26 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 00:27
Remember DarkBASIC Professional is copyrighted to The Game Creators. You can't engage in this kind of project without explicit permission. I suggest you talk to Rick or Lee about this before you proceed any further. Making your own BASIC styled language in Java is one thing. Claiming it's DarkBASIC Professional, is a violation of TGC's rights. Please stop this project, and contact TGC officially before carrying on.
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 00:41 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 00:54
Ohh no I wish not to claim that it is dark basic!! I am just making a java library that is similar to dark basic, similar commands like loadimage() or makesprite() type of stuff.

I was thinking of this project as a thing I could sell on the game creators website (if it gets finished), but the game java kit (gjk) is made to make people who program in dbpro feel comfotable programming in java (it is a game engine in a way). I am making it so it would not violate anything with the copyright of dbpro.

P.s. if having similar commands to dark basic (not exact) is against the copyright I will stop the project, please tell me if it is or not thank you.

sov the game creator!
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 01:31 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 01:32
As I say, you'll need to speak to Rick or Lee to confirm what is and isn't a violation. Or perhaps a good lawyer, but I think a quick e-mail to rick or lee will cost you a lot less it will certainly cover your basis.

rick@thegamecreators.com
lee@thegamecreators.com
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 02:49
Hence... interesting

sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 23:33 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 23:57
I did send a email to lee but I have decided to scrap the project. Instead I will still have a java library that will make gaming easier but it will have a totally different layout with different commands... Nothing relating to dbpro in any such matter. I will create a new thread for this and put it in the programming subject one. Other than that I will be makeing an official thread for robotos! When I have made a video on it. Cheers!

P.s. I did not get an e-mail back from lee just thought scrapping it would be best, even though I was not saying it was dbpro just similar.

sov the game creator!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 20:08:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 20:08:35