Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / The Community Modern Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 11:59

Ok, you've all been very patient, so here's the release of the modern pack. Uh, for everyone who don't know what it is, it's a community pack based on a modern day theme. It includes items from all kinds of people from the community. (a text document containing a list of people who have donated is included in the download)

FEATURES:
Xplosys's Zombie Town Pack
Nightvision Effect by Rolfy
Several Random Items
Some Weapons

DOWNLOAD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18215873/Files.zip

Note: The weapons i added never got any pickups, so there will be a part 2 which includes all kinds of new stuff and the pickups for the weapons.

Also, can anyone help me to take some cool screenshots where items from this pack is used?

Cheers,
J Swain
J Swain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 13:41
Unbelivable. Now no one wants it?
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 14:17
Thanks for this! Be patient J, it's the holidays so people might be busy.

Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 15:41
Thanks J Swain! Cosmic and I will have fun checking this out.

Willow

J Swain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 15:55
Thanks, Willow!
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 16:12
Looking forward to checking this out. Thank you very much. It is greatly appreciated.

Twitter: @NFoxMedia
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, and sorry I was out, but have been really looking forward to this.

Thanks again for working so hard to get it all together.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 17:37 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 17:37
cool thanks. I am starting the weapon pick ups soon, I've been busy from the holidays

mkombat1010@gmail.com

http://fpscfree.webs.com/
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been playing with this pack, and the urban 1 packs for a little while, and I've got to say how impressed I am. I would be happy if I've paid for it.

So thanks again to everyone who's been involved. Truly excellent and generous contribution.

http://jimjamsgames.yolasite.com
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 19:17
Quote: "Unbelivable. Now no one wants it? "

YEST I WANT IT!!! Just downloaded it a little bit ago, can't wait to get my hands dirty with this stuff!

Quote: "thanks again to everyone who's been involved. Truly excellent and generous contribution."

What he said ^

Ha ha, do I hear a STAR WARS alarm in the included audio files? (it's named "alert", from findsounds.com) Gotta love it!

Now, a little bit of criticism. This isn't aimed at only you or made to make you feel bad; just stuff to keep in mind for the future. Other community pack organizers should also keep these in mind:

1. THERE IS NO LICENSE!!!! Could you attach one to your first post? The one you made for your Urban Pack #1 looked good, you could probably modify it for this pack. Sorry to be so picky, but I always want a license with the media I use in case someone cries foul.

2. I am actually a bit surprised (in a good way! ) that shader maps were included. However, either not all the media had shader maps and some that did didn't have enough (ie: some were missing the regular diffuse ("_D") texture or were missing the specular or normal map). That part is annoying, as I have to go and create the other shader maps myself (it is not that hard actually), but it is not horrible.

3. That's all!

And I'll see what I can do about a screen shot.

Great job to all!
Captain Coder

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am trying to use my passion for game creation for His glory.
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 19:28
Downloading! thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 19:35
May I use this as comercial use?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 19:42
Quote: "However, either not all the media had shader maps and some that did didn't have enough (ie: some were missing the regular diffuse ("_D") texture or were missing the specular or normal map). That part is annoying, as I have to go and create the other shader maps myself (it is not that hard actually), but it is not horrible."

If you're going to create the missing textures, how about offering them up when you're done as a pack enhancement?

On a separate note and for Jess's information, anything I give away is always for "use it any way you like" use. Please don't redistribute "on the web" without permission.

Brian.

!retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 21:00 Edited at: 28th Feb 2012 03:04
Awesome screenie using a few of the items attached. Picture taken with everything on maximum settings (maybe that's why the lighting looks... silly )

Quote: "If you're going to create the missing textures, how about offering them up when you're done as a pack enhancement? "

I actually thought about mentioning that, but I didn't want to be obligated to do it as I have character modeling and other shader map creation to juggle, plus the rest of life . I'll certainly give it a shot though!

Enjoy the screenshot. Hope others post more!

EDIT: Changed the pic to JPEG so that it can be viewed w/o download. Sorry about that!

ALSO: The shader maps simply refuse to work on any of the models in this pack - I am not sure why. I may have forgotten a step as I was making the maps by memory and not going by a tutorial I have. Sorry I couldn't carry through.

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am trying to use my passion for game creation for His glory.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 21:08 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 21:12
Accidental double post - my internet is acting screwy. Perhaps my ISP didn't like that I downloaded almost 200 MBs over twenty minutes earlier today.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 01:08
Downloaded, going to play around with these a bit. Good job to everyone involved and kudos to Jay for organizing it.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Good job and this. Thanks!

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 02:43
Good to see it out

Arseny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 17:14 Edited at: 28th Dec 2011 17:15
Wow! Epic job! Thanx for everyone! I'll take part in 2nd part)
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 00:29 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 00:31
Nice J...

Off topic... this got me thinking... I want to make a central repository for all these things... as my server allows for unlimited storage so I would love to use these packs on my storage and make a thread for them... as an alternative archive... so an added job would be to have a text file linking the forum thread the files were assocuated to...

Any feedback on this would be nice as I already have the methods in place for automated upload and link creation...

Back on topic...

Looking forward to more threads like this... I do not use these files yet... but maybe in the near future...

EDIT

My reason is from getting annoyed with silly upload/download sites and dead download links across the forum... good content becomes unavailable...

Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 00:35
Just downloaded this . WOW there is a ton of media in here, all great quality. Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to this.

I dont think ive seen a pack of this quality and quanity with so little responses. Cant wait for part 2 . Thanks again everybody

I recently learned to sleep with my eyes open. ..... God am I tired
Chazene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2012 02:15
when is the download for part 2 coming?

Charlie "Chuckles" "Chazene"
Pvt_Classified
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2012 18:46
Great work guys, but I'm really concerned about the lack of a license. If you don't put a license with this, you risk someone sueing you for ridiculous damage claims. Also, not knowing what my limitations are with this pack makes it hard for me to use it to its fullest, disappointing because of the high quality of work.

Your license should include:
*denial of responsibilities for damages cause by or related to this product.
*a statement on how it can be used. (Commercially and or non-commercially)

I can't make you post a license, but I highly recommend that you do becuase as I said in the above, it can hurt you if you don't.

Not trying to spoil this, great work.

Pvt_Classified

Pvt_Classified
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2012 03:44
Just downloaded yesterday. Excellent work boys!

Where in the world is Charlie Ruckus?
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2012 00:26
Thank you. Very happy to see the link works.
Excellent package.

Life is a short trip to another world
SuPeR_DuDe911
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2012 20:03
This is really cool, good work
Anigma
Years of Service
User Offline
I just stumbled across this also. Saw one screenshot and I had to have it. Thanks for putting this together! This will work well with the game I'm hoping to finally get working on.

It compiled! Ship it!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 01:08
I, too, just stumbled upon it. Thanks for this.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code . . . reminds me….. if I had one more brain cell, I could have a synapse! woo hoo, Sparky!

~I'm the Terry of the Flatlands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:24:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:24:28