Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / agk app is not working properly on my HTC Evo 4G

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2011 23:30 Edited at: 27th Dec 2011 23:34
I have three Android devices - a HTC Evo 4G, a Acer Iconia A500 tablet and a Viewsonic Gtablet.

The AppGameKit app seems to work on the HTC - goes through the calibation steps, but then when it is done, I just get a white screen. That's it. When I try to re-run it, I have to calibrate again and then a white screen.

On the Acer Iconia, it works fine, but I did notice I cannot seem to use it in landscape mode, although it does switch from portrait to landscape, the menu buttons (buttons on the bottom of the tablet) do not. Is this intended, a bug or not included? Most of the games I will be creating will be for tablets in Landscape mode.

I have not yet tested the Gtablet.

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!
www.world-class-multimedia.com
For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2011 12:06
I am going to be interested in this issue as I also have HTC EVO 4G. The OS is 2.3.3.

I had just gotten AppGameKit the other day and have yet to do anything with it. Plan on some testing today. It's only 5:00 here so have a whole day ahead of me.

World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 19:18 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 19:19
Does running the agk app on your HTC work for you?

Mike

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 22:48 Edited at: 29th Dec 2011 22:51
I haven't tried it yet, Mike. I will let you know if it does or doesn't. I first need to find a game made with AppGameKit or create something simple. Would I be able to use the source code for "Snakes" to test with or should I just use one of the simpler examples? I am totally brand new to this and haven't even read any of the manual.

I shouldn't have been so positive about testing it on the the same day as my last post. Time just seems to disappear so quickly for me anymore.

BTW, some of the older HTC Evo's only have OS v2.2 and from what I understand v2.2 does not work with an AppGameKit created game. It needs to be 2.3+. I just had gotten a the phone for Christmas and it has v2.3.3.

World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 01:47
I will say that it works PERFECTLY on my Acer Iconia A500. I bought the full version and it is GREAT.

Since I have Shiva 3D, I already have the Android environment set up, so I am going to compile for Android and get it working.

Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:01:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:01:12