Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Blender: How to Change Color In Animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
In blender how do i make it so i can change the color of an object in an animation so when i play it it could change from red to blue or somthing of that nature.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
New Problem

How do i Export my object with the animation on blender when i click the play button i can see it but when i click render animation i cant see Anything so in my game i can see the object but not the animation. how do i make it so it exports it in a .x file WITH animation i need it a .x file nothing else will work

Thanks

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 06:35
How are you loading and playing the object? paste your code here in a CODE snippet

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i dont think it is in the code because when i right click on it then click open with directx viewer i cant see and animation. so i think it is in blender itself.

Anyways here is the code oh yea you may not know DarkGDK but anyways...

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Well if the top post is worded weird i may be able to change it.

What i want to know is how to export my animation to be able to use it in a DarkGDK game.

BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 18:21
Please don't double post Oster200.

Cheers!

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 02:37
if you are using the new versions of blender, it comes packaged with Kira's .x exporter, but you have to go into the user preferences menu -> Addons -> import/export and enable it. It will let you export with animations.

for the color changing... you won't be able to export that sort of animation as it uses materials, however for just rendering in blender you can set ipo curves for the material to handle this. On the material, hover the mouse over the diffuse color and press i to insert a keyframe, advance the current frame to where you want the next keyframe, change the diffuse color and press i over it again.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 08:20 Edited at: 31st Dec 2011 08:21
I still cant get animation to work. like i said before i tested an animation with the directx viewer and nothing moves. it is like blender cant save animation to .x files.

Thanks for telling me how to get color changing in animation.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 22:15
Quote: "it is like blender cant save animation to .x files."

It can and I've done so in 2.49 and 2.5x's, though I haven't tried with 2.6 yet but it should still be working.

There is likely an issue in your setup. make sure that on the armature modifier you click 'make real'. Make sure that every vertex is assigned to a bone and every bone has at least 1 vertex, creating groups by bone heat when parenting the mesh to armature is a good way to ensure this. Select the only object you are exporting and on the export options, export selected, with armature and animation.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
im busy right now but once i get the chance i will let you know if it worked.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2012 13:33
Animation exports successfully in 2.6 on my system.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
i might quit Blender.

I dont even know how to make animation with bones.
i could watch youtube vids but i dont got the time.

if i cant figure it out by end of this week im quitting.

btw this is just a im letting you know type post not one where i am asking you to do it for me. be my guest if you want to teach me but just letting you know.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 01:38
Quote: "i could watch youtube vids but i dont got the time.

if i cant figure it out by end of this week im quitting.
"

well that's kind of silly, it would take less time to go over a tutorial than to poke around trying to figure it out on your own

you're going to have to spend some time learning to use your tools and processes no matter what package you go with.

http://www.blender.org/development/release-logs/blender-240/how-armatures-work/

from an older release, but concepts are the same.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2012 18:33 Edited at: 20th Jan 2012 19:33
Since i am learning a whole new thing (bones) i am going to get the blender 2.6 do i have to uninstall blender 2.5 then install 2.6?

okay so i dint want to spend too much time making a model incase it dint work but i still cant get animation working.

like at the time line at the bottom there is animation but then if i got to render tab then i click on the animation render thing nothing is moving.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2012 01:43
Quote: "do i have to uninstall blender 2.5 then install 2.6?"

no, i've got 2.49, 2.5, and 2.6 all installed, i just stick each in a seperate version folder in the blender foundation directory.

Quote: "at the time line at the bottom there is animation but then if i got to render tab then i click on the animation render thing nothing is moving."

hmm that's kind of strange, if you can scrub through the animations in the timeline/viewport then there is definitely animation data to render.

when you click render animation does it render multiple frames, just with no changes or is it only rendering 1 frame?

if you have keyframes at say frame 1 and frame 50, if you set the current frame to 50 and render it as image, does it render as it should for frame 50?

also just in case, make sure that your render frame range includes your animation frames under 'Dimensions' in the render menu

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2012 02:23 Edited at: 21st Jan 2012 02:27
Well i think im getting somewhere so my frame was from 0-160 skipping 10 everytime so it look like this:

i changed my step to ten so it would render every ten steps. Heres my render tab:

next i click here:

it did render and move but after the render nothing. is that supposed to happen? Nothing moved after that and the render was like slow-mo so its not liek i saw it like id does in the frame timeline. im goign to try to export it using directx viewer and i will let you know if that works. Please look at what im doing thank-you

nope still no animation in DirectX Viewer

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2012 23:15 Edited at: 21st Jan 2012 23:22
Quote: "it did render and move but after the render nothing. is that supposed to happen? Nothing moved after that and the render was like slow-mo so its not liek i saw it like id does in the frame timeline."

yeah that's how it is supposed to be, it renders out the images to file then stops as the render is complete. you can play back the render in blender or go to the file and play it with whatever video player supports the file type you rendered it to.

default is static image so it'll render out an individual image file for each frame, change to a video format like .avi or something to get a single video file.

it goes slow in rendering because it has to fully render out each frame, but if you play it back afterwards it'll play at normal speed.

also, if you are exporting for a game, you don't really need to render it at all.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
So i exported it as .x and i opened it and i still have no animation.

This is getting very irritating... here is a step by step what i do.

1. i click file
2. i mouse over export
3. i click DirectX(.x)
4. i save it
5. i open it using DirectX Viewer.
6. it shows the shape but not animation.
7. here is what the DirectX Viewer says

it sounds like it is because it is not textured or even has a material on it.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 19:53 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2012 20:00
ok here you go, maybe this will help:

and in DBpro:

it has the default material, with no texture.

edit: interesting note - loop object object# doesn't seem to work however both loop object object#,start frame and loop object object#,start frame,end frame do.

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
One question step 6 when i export i goto file export direct x how did you get that directx menu?

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2012 21:50
if you haven't enabled the .x exporter go to

file->user preferences->add ons->import/export->enable direct x model format->save user preferences

to use go to

file->export->direct x

it's the standard exporter that comes built in with the latest version 2.6 of blender, it looks different from the old one kira made that came with the 2.5s, i'm not even sure if it is the same exporter, but it still works for DBpro.

do you get a different menu on your direct x exporter? are you using some other exporter plugin?

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
i ask because mine dosent have a drop down thing liek in your pic. mine is just under file, export direct x but yours has a drop down thing. btw mine says author kira vakaan

and im using darkgdk but it work just about the same

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 06:05
That menu comes up with the file selection screen after clicking file->export->direct x. it's down to the left of the directory listing where you tell it where to save your exported file.

You should see drop down panels for 'system' 'bookmarks' 'recent' 'export direct x'. if you're not seeing these panels, you may have changed some setting in your UI setup. you might try restoring default settings and try the exporter again.

And yeah I went back and checked and this exporter is still kira's.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 11:13 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 11:16
file/export/directX (with animation):

setup lefthand-menu when in export as shown in the pic attached.

include framerate, export armatures, animations: full animation, export: selected objects.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2012 22:41 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2012 22:42
Yeah it works!!!!

Thank-you Ortu sorry for all the work i made you do just for that "directx menu box" that i never knew of.

You just made my day

Its on me ---->

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2012 02:48
No problem man, glad to help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:18:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:18:34