Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / making a dynamic, "tunnel" like object in dark physics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2011 23:35
Hi, In my game I need to make a sort of "tunnel" object(Imagine a cylinder with no ends, which objects can go through). I have the object done, but the PHY MAKE RIGID BODY DYNAMIC MESH command simply doesen't do anything, and PHY MAKE RIGID BODY DYNAMIC CONVEX sort of works, but it doesen't allow objects to go through the tunnel. If this were a static object, the solution would be simple-make multiple objects. But what about with a dynamic object? By the way I would HIGHLY prefer a solution which only uses one object because that would be much simpler.

Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 01:36
I think I figured it out by looking at examples. You need to specify a material to make the PHY MAKE RIGID BODY DYNAMIC MESH command work

Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 02:07 Edited at: 1st Jan 2012 02:19
Wait, no... It kind of works, but objects created with PHY MAKE RIGID BODY DYNAMIC MESH react with objects created with different commands, but not with other objects created with PHY MAKE RIGID BODY DYNAMIC MESH. Any one know what to do?

edit: I know about fixed joints, but is there a solution that uses only one object?

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2012 17:38 Edited at: 1st Jan 2012 17:39
PHY MAKE RIGID BODY DYNAMIC MESH

Nice command but works backwards.

Meaning you have to use PHY LOAD RIGID BODY DYNAMIC MESH to make the mesh and then your object should work.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 19:31:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 19:31:50